The next NEW Percussion Champion will be...?

gumby5647

Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which championship corps will win the percussion trophy next?

• Madison Scouts on their rise back to the top
    • Phantom Regiment with Rennick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT THE GLASSMEN!

well lucky for you they aren't on this poll!

:huh:

Madison drumline? lol.... if they've ever "rocked" they've rocked dirty

You obviously didn't hear them last year. I saw them in the lot and at Quarters, they were not rockin it dirty last year.

The numbers don't lie. They were fairly dirty.

Out of the I would say PR. Just a gut instinct.

BTW, I saw SCV drumline warm up for the Concord show...Their warm ups f***ing groove. They have some sweet warm ups. Cleanest I've heard in DCI is 74 SCV.

This year, I am definately getting into the drum arrangements for all the corps, which is weird for me as a brass player. I'm more comfortable with listening to the brass lines. I'm trying to learn more about percussion though. I even bought some sticks and a practice pad.

Hummmmm? I would have to go with Phantom...Good question. I think the experience that Rennik brought in from from Crown will pay off in the end. Now don't get me wrong I would LOVE to Maddy throwdown! As for my thoughts this year...I would say right now it's a toss up between SCV, BD, and Cavies. :huh:

Edited by greentenorman

I think SCV has a better percussion section that any of the other mentioned. as much as BD's solo's AKA their book (nothing against Scot Johnson) is beefy and clean, SCV's is MUCH more impressive and clean. The last time i saw them (July 1st, Kalideskope Klassic, Modesto, CA) was the most impressive performance i've ever seen, and it STILL wasn't their best run they have in them. i realize i may have a slight bias (GO BRIAN AND JULLIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but they still are amazingly impressive. i mean c'mon, look at those 3 long snare rolls @ the end of the closer that they nail perfectly almost every time and even when they don't they still sound fantastic. and don't get me started on their warmups( their new doubles exercise, cheesy poofs, flammus, stick control, martian mambo, electric wheelchair, etc.) b**bs :lol:

don't get me wrong BD is still very good and clean and good and clean and did i mention good. sweet solo's to start off (including a very cool/jazzy bass solo :lol: ). i also really love their amazing exercize book: 8/7,FAH,thier doubles execize,their spree (WHOOO tenors and basses!!!!!!!!!!!! b**bs ), Diddy,Felshtuplet,etc.

Phantom is also really good. i just think their hornline is better. (SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET cadence by the way)

Here's how i think (not hope) it'll line up @ the end:

Best Guard+Overall: BD

Best Horns+Marching: Phantom

Best Percussion+GE overall: SCV

-Giancarlos

Edited by Gbassman5