Spokane Thunder 2010

Life is full of "fortunately's" and "unfortunately's". Fortunately, I got all my Sunday chores done and made it to Thunders camp site by 10:30 (whew, just in time to see a run through. Or so I thought). Unfortunately, they had already played and were having their after camp meeting. Fortunately, my friend and the chief "Mom", talked the Staff into playing a bit of the opener for me (Thanks Monnette and Bill). Unfortunately, they only played a minute of the piece. Fortunately, they sounded GREAT!!

I was pleasantly surprised and was taken back to '08 with their music and sound. There was a very good balance between the voices and they are LOUD! Just like '08. The tune sounded the same to me and I later heard that what they are playing is sorta the same from '08 (which is O.K. by me). One of the Dads had taped the ballad so I got to hear it. It gave me chills. It is similar to the '08 ballad but there is a change in keys and chords at times that make it a little more haunting. They still have that deep sound that has become so synonymous with the name "Thunder". I'm sooo happy they still have it. Drums were a little rough but I always expect that this time of year. Now the thing is, they didn't have their full hornline or drumline because of school activities and yet they sounded bigger than they looked. Guard won't be there till next month. I cannot wait till the full Corps is there and to hear the whole show.

Thunder is back Ladies and Gentlemen. I have no doubt. :thumbup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie -

I heard great things about this weekend's camp from Bill Clark, and I'm excited that I'm going to be joining him to work with the corps starting at the next camp. There's definitely some wonderful energy coming from Spokane, and I'm looking forward to being a part of that excitement...and, I hope to see you when I'm out there.

Maggie -

I heard great things about this weekend's camp from Bill Clark, and I'm excited that I'm going to be joining him to work with the corps starting at the next camp. There's definitely some wonderful energy coming from Spokane, and I'm looking forward to being a part of that excitement...and, I hope to see you when I'm out there.

From what I've seen (and heard), Thunder is very serious about their comeback this season. It really feels like the Kids, Staff and Parents want this very much and are working hard to make it so.

I'm so excited that one of my SCV Brothers will be out here in Spokane. Can't wait to meet you Marc. You'll love it here!

Oh, and anyone who wants to be a part of this exciting time in Thunders history, check out their web-site. http://www.spokanethunder.org/ The More the Merrier!

Oh, we've met, Maggie - I marched in the TOR corps (contra).

Yeah, I've spoken with Rich, plus Bill Clark was my staff coordinator/brass caption head/arranger when I was with Capital Sound. Everyone is really jazzed about getting back onto the field. I can't wait!!!

Oh, we've met, Maggie - I marched in the TOR corps (contra).

Yeah, I've spoken with Rich, plus Bill Clark was my staff coordinator/brass caption head/arranger when I was with Capital Sound. Everyone is really jazzed about getting back onto the field. I can't wait!!!

Well then, I can't wait to "meet" you for a second time! I read your stats on the Alumni board and it is very impressive indeed. I know you'll really enjoy it here in Spokane. My experience with Thunder reminded me of how SCV was back in the old days when we operated on a shoe string budget but still strove to be the best we could be. There is a dedication here to survive and to continue on for many years.

And speaking of "Survival".... Here is Thunders 2010 show design which I think is very VERY cool!!!

TheResurrection800x600.png

Remember, it's never too late to join... http://www.spokanethunder.org/index.html

Edited by MsBusDriver

• 3 weeks later...

Thunder is having another camp this weekend. The Color Guard will be there for the first time. The weather is going to be great this weekend so they will probably be working outside for the first time (maybe learning a little drill?). I hope that anyone reading this that lives in the area will stop on by to say "Hi" and check them out.

If you are still thinking of joining a Corps this season, you are more than welcome at Thunder. If you can't (or are too old :tongue: ), come on by and check 'em out anyway! C'mon you know you want to :tongue:

See ya at the field... http://www.spokanethunder.org/index.html