Official Minnesota Brass 2009 DCA Thread

What a beautiful day for drum corps! The corps is once again rehearsing in Genesee Valley park, serenading the Erie Canal. We're in full ensemble mode for the rest of the afternoon until 4 o'clock. You are welcome to stop by.

Minne-Brass is performing "Animated Adventures in Brass" tonight at the mini corps show.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful day for drum corps! The corps is once again rehearsing in Genesee Valley park, serenading the Erie Canal. We're in full ensemble mode for the rest of the afternoon until 4 o'clock. You are welcome to stop by.

Minne-Brass is performing "Animated Adventures in Brass" tonight at the mini corps show.

Thanks Eric for the update. It is a perfect drum corps day here also in MN.

Chico

Very productive rehearsal today. I thought I saw some pretty tired folks as we neared the end, but by the time the run through came around, everyone was fully focused and fully energized. One of the things that has been so exciting and fun to watch over the last three or four years, has been the performance energy that our members bring to rehearsal. It's wonderful to be around such hard working talent!

A group of us took some time away from the corps and visited with our friends the Kilties during their afternoon rehearsal. Everyone in Minnesota Brass is cheering on our neighbors this weekend. Their show is great fun with some really exciting moments. The team over there has worked hard and the results are showing. They can DO THIS THING!

We're staying just a mile or so from the Renegades rehearsal site as well. Stopped by yesterday and saw a bit of warm ups. Some other folks in our entourage saw them rehearse in full form this afternoon and said they looked great.

Time for I&E and Mini Corps stuff. Finally, let me thank all of the hard working folks in Rochester and DCA for arranging the weather this weekend. PERFECT!

Can't wait for Saturday :cool:

CONGRATS MBI!!!

I had a great time hanging with Frank the Beard et al and truly have some great stories to tell from the weekend. I also got to meet the infamous "Mrs. Robinson" on the way back. Good job and see you all next year!!!

(tell Frank the Beard "Happy Mahusenfarfen" when you see him!)

Edited by BigDale

Great show, MBI - I loved it!

Me, too. Great job, MBI!

Thanks, Eric and Brent, for your visit to Medina on Saturday. It was a pleasure chatting with both of you and watching the ensemble rehearsal together.

This weekend was a huge step forward for the entire MBI organization.

I am proud to be an MBI alumnus and honored to be a small part of the

current organization.

Congratulations to the Buccaneers for advancing yet another notch upwards

in performance. You (and those crazy fans we sat with during finals :thumbup:)

are an inspiration to the rest of us.

Now ... ONWARD TO 2010!!!

Dear MBI friends,

Thank you so much for staying to hear our encore at DCA. I really appreciate it. It was an absolute gas having you join in on “Show Me”. When it comes down to it, that’s what this is all about. You are classy people! :thumbup:

Special shout out to Jared Kimble and Flash.