2009 DCA Prelims Show - Live Thread

It hasn't changed that much, or has it?

It has.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA Prelims - Sun Devils

Awesome video! If only you'd put up our 3rd movement instead. I'm sure DCP would've loved it the most.

Is there going to be a gallery of more photos similar to last year's by Charlie Groh?

Is there going to be a gallery of more photos similar to last year's by Charlie Groh?

Yep, sure will be. Its going to take some time to sort through the hundreds of images and get them processed and posted - but we'll get them up when we can.

10 guard members. 10 battery. big horn line.

Rushing the pit! Attacking ala Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

Very intense!

Loved performing the entire 2009 production, especially this part. 18 guard, 11 battery, 41 brass, 10 pit.

It is too bad the pit line boundry is there.

At one band show exhibition in June (performed a couple hours after we performed at the Madison DCI show) Scott had the brass go right up to the stands since there were no boundries.....talk about up close and personal!!!

I think if there would had been steps to the stands directly in front that evening, Scott would have had the corps in the stands at this point!!!

What a exciting year and production to perform......by far one of my most memorable drum corps experiences of my lifetime; and there's more coming in 2010!!

Awesome video! If only you'd put up our 3rd movement instead. I'm sure DCP would've loved it the most.

Was that the Civ IV movement? I LOVE that you used Baba Yetu in your show and the baritone soloist was incredible!

Loved performing the entire 2009 production, especially this part. 18 guard, 11 battery, 41 brass, 10 pit.

It is too bad the pit line boundry is there.

At one band show exhibition in June (performed a couple hours after we performed at the Madison DCI show) Scott had the brass go right up to the stands since there were no boundries.....talk about up close and personal!!!

I think if there would had been steps to the stands directly in front that evening, Scott would have had the corps in the stands at this point!!!

What a exciting year and production to perform......by far one of my most memorable drum corps experiences of my lifetime; and there's more coming in 2010!!

I'm surprised Scott didn't yell out, "CLIMB THE WALL, KILTIES!!!" Why let a small thing like no steps stop you? :thumbup:

I'm surprised Scott didn't yell out, "CLIMB THE WALL, KILTIES!!!" Why let a small thing like no steps stop you? :thumbup:

We did have a catapult early on but felt it was too big to bring to Rochester.

We did have a catapult early on but felt it was too big to bring to Rochester.

You can use it to fling the judges' tapes into Lake Michigan. :thumbup:

One of Kingston's guard members is being helped off the field. She's able to walk, but has a guard member on either side of her, just in case.

This member is 5 months pregnant, and was having some trouble breathing after the show. She ended up in Strong Memorial for observation overnight, and was released a few hours before Finals. She performed an 'abridged' version of the show that evening, just to make sure she didn't overdo it, and finished with a smile on her face! Mom and Baby are both just fine, and she will NOW be putting her feet up and resting for the rest of her pregnancy! :P

Special thanks to the paramedics for their speedy work, Strong Memorial, and Jolesch photography for waiting so long to take our corps photo (we were hoping she and her hubby (snare player) could make it out of the ambulance in time, but did not) and to their small group photographer who RAN with our entire guard so we could take a FULL guard photo at the ambulance! Thanks also go out to Alliance – who assisted us on Sunday evening by unhooking a trailer from their truck so they could drive her up to the starting gate. We really appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your concern, and your help! :tongue::thumbup:

Jen Hartnett-Orser

Guard Caption Head

Kingston Grenadiers