Ray Vasquez resigns as Co-Brass Caption head of Spirit

Ray will land somewhere soon. It's too bad those corps are not smart enough to see what Ray brings to the groups he works with.

Maybe someone with a good eye for talent will be smart enough to hire him for their corps. I could think of numerous top 12 brass staffers that don't bring half of the resume and teaching credentials that Ray does to the activity.

Good luck, man!!!

TC

Yes, it is true that I resigned from my position as Co-Brass Caption Head with Spirit. I have had a wonderful experience with the Spirit family during the three years I was with the corps (2006, 2008, 2009). We went into some new directions that were exciting for the fans as well as the members. We gained some new fans along the way as well as re-establish the traditions of great performances over the summer months. I am so very proud of my time with the corps and wish nothing but the best to those members I am leaving behind. The staff that was in place this past year was strong and I will assume that it will not change.

As for me, I am looking at new opportunities in the music industry, be it teaching, composition, arranging or performing. I have some responsibilities to take care of over the summer with the International Trumpet Guild amongst other things which will keep me busy over the next few months.

I have no doubt that Spirit will continue to make strides to once again achieve new found levels of success within the activity. The foundation is in place.

To all of you with who I have worked with at Spirit, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives for a short period of time. For the Spirit Family, you will see me again in one way, shape or form.

Best of Luck to Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps. Here is wishing you the absolute best for many years to come.

Ray Vasquez

Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps

Co-Brass Caption Head, 2009

Yes, it is true that I resigned from my position as Co-Brass Caption Head with Spirit. I have had a wonderful experience with the Spirit family during the three years I was with the corps (2006, 2008, 2009). We went into some new directions that were exciting for the fans as well as the members. We gained some new fans along the way as well as re-establish the traditions of great performances over the summer months. I am so very proud of my time with the corps and wish nothing but the best to those members I am leaving behind. The staff that was in place this past year was strong and I will assume that it will not change.

As for me, I am looking at new opportunities in the music industry, be it teaching, composition, arranging or performing. I have some responsibilities to take care of over the summer with the International Trumpet Guild amongst other things which will keep me busy over the next few months.

I have no doubt that Spirit will continue to make strides to once again achieve new found levels of success within the activity. The foundation is in place.

To all of you with who I have worked with at Spirit, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives for a short period of time. For the Spirit Family, you will see me again in one way, shape or form.

Best of Luck to Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps. Here is wishing you the absolute best for many years to come.

Ray Vasquez

Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps

Co-Brass Caption Head, 2009

Ray, will we be seeing you with MBI or are you taking time off from them, as well?

Yeah, I will still be working with MBI if time and funds permit me to do so.