......Kilts

WWBD

Congrats Kilties on a very enjoyable show. I had a great time watching you rehearse on Saturday and then perform later that evening. Very focused and the show had some great moments. Being a horn player, I especially liked the dueling horn section. I thought is was Finals caliber. I agree with some that the small battery probably hurt you. On to next year!

When I was getting my baptism into Drum Corps in the early 1970's, Kilties were one of the first corps I saw and I've been a fan ever since.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wise person once told me....Don't give the judges any ammo not to put your corps in finals.

and that person was Lefty Sanchez.

Dis Lefty have a brother named Dirty? :tongue:

And you know what they say about people and their opinions. Tic Tac?

I saw the Kilts on Aug 15. They looked good then but of what I heard(I was not at DCA) they wowed the crowd. Could it be that they "peaked" a little early? Just a thought.

Not flaming.

I saw the Kilts on Aug 15. They looked good then but of what I heard(I was not at DCA) they wowed the crowd. Could it be that they "peaked" a little early? Just a thought.

Not flaming.

Fair question, but the DCA performance was substantially better and the peak of the year in virtually every way including crowd reaction. Something about the MN scores last two years. The only corps they hold up for is MBI.

Fair question, but the DCA performance was substantially better and the peak of the year in virtually every way including crowd reaction. Something about the MN scores last two years. The only corps they hold up for is MBI.

[/quote

Edited by St.Paul Scout

Just to mention in passing, The Kilties opening evaluation/rehearsal/orientation weekend to commence preparation for the 2010 season is December 5th and 6th. Held at the long-time rehearsal home of The Kilties, Gilmore Middle School in Racine.

Online applications for membership are being accepted at the corps' website located at THIS LINK.

Crowds do not judge. Maybe there is a "conspiracy". A bigger drumline and a quality guard could make the difference... IMHO.

No statement about a conspiracy...simply said I am proud; Kilts were outstanding and the finals crowd deserved to see this beautifully presented, unique and highly entertaining show.....

Thank you Kilts and others for making the DCA weekend one of the most memorable and entertaining