Oh joy! She's the cat!

Who's that mistah? 'Tain't a sistah!

Sweet Georgia Brown!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[sarcasm on] Let's not forget Spirit's bass player-- maybe they could dress him/her up in something akin to the old metal band Stryper, except in black and blue... [/sarcasm off]

stryperband.jpg

Three of those girls are hot.

I understand the reasoning behind their change in look in 87, but did the uniform alone help them produce a more effective visual program or help the scoring and placement? I respectfully deny that it did. Would Bluecoats 07 show been any less or more effective and/or fan friendly if they had kept the more classic look from 92-06? I just don't buy it.

The uniform alone wasn't responsible, but it helped. They were coming off a couple weak years. The old uniform design was dated. They made a number of significant changes that combined to create a refreshed and invigorated Phantom "brand".

Bluecoats '07 was a completely different situation.

Edited by jpaul

I agree that most people will tend to either like them or hate them. Traditionalist will hate them no matter what so be prepared for that. Although the current uniform is not traditional so maybe any slight move to something more recognizable will be OK with some alumni. I don't like the new on either. If it were me, make them look good on the move, make them not look like anyone else, make them not so dark, get rid of that smeared blue top, stay away from a large stinkin old school delta on the front, and do blue, just not baby blue. How about a darker blue, but not Blue Devils/Blue Knights, Bluecoats, like may be 82 or 83 season. Not sure which years , but it was a vibrant color. Baby blue is just that, baby blue. It is too passive of a color if you want people to take you seriously these days unless your show is about kittens. Remember that Devils were once all grey, some people balked but most let it go. I suspect that is may soon become common place to have corps departing from their traditional color aka Crown, or reinventing a new look that moves away from their traditional colors.

Traditionalist will not hate new uniforms "no matter what" as you have written above....

People like good and do not like "suck".

Different people also just have alternate tastes, so it's okay...

Personally, I'm for change if it is good. I think Spirit needs a new uniform and wish whatever they choose success.

Edited by jjeffeory

I had the Delta Swirl in a waffle cone.

with sprinkles.

Yes, but what color was your delta swirl?

Three of those girls are hot.

:satisfied:

I think their current uniform is too "busy." I'm a fan of simplicity when it comes to unis.

I think their current uniform is too "busy." I'm a fan of simplicity when it comes to unis.

I agree.