"Pick-a-Number" What will it be?

I said it to my sister on Sunday night, the next corps to beat the Bucs will be Alliance.

Yes, I know, pretty crazy prediction..........but let's face it, if anyone said five years ago that the Bucs would go undefeated for five straight, well that would've been pretty crazy too. Predictions are more fun if you go out on a limb.

I think it will go at least two more years.

They just have too much going for them, they recruit well, they get alot of talent in there, and they take thier

winter program very seriously. They dont wait for June to get started and then wait for DCI to be over to fill thier drum corps.

Until others take that step, i think DCA's will be as predictable as they have been the last few years.

I think it will go at least two more years.

They just have too much going for them, they recruit well, they get alot of talent in there, and they take thier

winter program very seriously. They dont wait for June to get started and then wait for DCI to be over to fill thier drum corps.

Until others take that step, i think DCA's will be as predictable as they have been the last few years.

Well with that in mind then Brigs should have remained undefeated through 2004. lol! ( no negativity towards the corps that actually won here, just making a point) you would think the organization have it all figured out because they have been winning for so long until another corps pulls one out of their ##### and beats the champion the weekend before the championships.

The Bucs have a great organization but MBI is getting closer and closer to the right formula, I'd say next season is gonna happen.

Maybe it's more hope than an actual prediction though. I do enjoy the unpredictability of a competition, so DCA is becoming quite boring at the top 2 level!

...Edited because I can't spell...

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

Rich- A mere tech-ni-kality. Only the winner gets remembered. Let's assume that the Renegades made the Bucs walk the plank. 7 wins; the Blue crew finishes last? Or 4th? No matter.

Fran- If the Buccaneers streak lasts until 3,000 straight victories, I fear there will be DCA, and TODCA. The Bucs will be in DCA. Everyone else will be in The Other Drum Corps Associates!!! :ph34r:

You laugh, but isn't this the same scenario that triggered the formation of DCA in the first place?

If that is true, then I find it said. I hope the formation of DCA did not revolve around corps getting upset because they were getting beaten. I'm sure that isn't true.

It would be interesting to hear. I'm sure there are several sides of the story and it has evolved since 1965. While this may not be the "only" reason, but as I heard it, the spark or catalyst was due to one particular corps who had won far more then 5 championships in a row.

I sure would like to hear it from people who know.

The one thing in life that stays the same, is the fact that everything is always changing. I don't think it's possible for them to not get beat at some point. I do think it will be next season. Because there are corps starting to catch up. The have set the bar of excellance high, and have made everyoone in DCA take note. But who will do it and how....I don't know.

Our great-niece Shannon will be four years old next month.

I figure that sometime before she turns 60, the Bucs will have a lost a show and a championship. I know I'm going out on a limb here.

Fran