Finally, DCI Acknowledges "Issues" At LOS

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you didn't give DCI with your contact information there is little chance they can get you the survey.

I don't really think that has anything to do with it. They haven't, to my knowledge, asked the ticket buying public generally to provide them contact information for purposes of a survey.

Last comment ... a little off topic ... if you look at the 2008 Quarterfinal tape posted on the DCI Fan network of Phantom Regiment at Bloomington I think you'll see the stands were practically full (the top corners were not). The same could not be said for 2009 Quarters or Semifinals at Lucas.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're looking at on Fan Network for 2008 Phantom, but I think (having been there, and having seen the 2008 DVD), it's finals, not quarters. At finals in Bloomington, the field-side stands were practically full (the top corners were not), but quarters had far more empty seats than filled ones there as everywhere else. Probably only about 5,000 or so people went to quarters in either Bloomington or Indy. A typical semis crowd is closer to 10,000.

I don't really think that has anything to do with it. They haven't, to my knowledge, asked the ticket buying public generally to provide them contact information for purposes of a survey.

The survey was emailed so evidently giving contact information had EVERYTHING to do with whether you got a survey or not.

It's an Incredible Opportunity for Allentown.

For me, 2010 championships show will be in Allentown. (schedule wise I hope)

This arguement about LOS is stupid.

It's a DOME people. An acoustic nightmare dome!.

You can't fix it.

See you in Allentown.

Later.

It's an Incredible Opportunity for Allentown.

For me, 2010 championships show will be in Allentown. (schedule wise I hope)

This arguement about LOS is stupid.

It's a DOME people. An acoustic nightmare dome!.

You can't fix it.

See you in Allentown.

Later.

There is ZERO chance Finals will be in Allentown. Zero. You get your regional as per usual.

The survey was emailed so evidently giving contact information had EVERYTHING to do with whether you got a survey or not.

Umm, yeah. You're not listening. And I'm done reading this thread.

Edited by festive

The only reason it's an issue is because DCI tried to sell everyone on the idea of ten years at the same location with the idea that it was being designed with the idea of quality acoustics in mind. Leaving aside the roof opened/closed issue, that was a big push for them on this in terms of getting people behind the idea, and based on the incredibly negative response we've seen here, even from people who ordinarily might not speak out publicly in such a way, it would seem that LOS didn't deliver. I wasn't there, and I'm not commenting on it, I'm just clarifying why it's such an issue for people.

DCI was told the stadium was being designed with acoustics in mind... in fact it originally was from what I have read, but money came into play, and the fact that it is a football stadium became more important, and the acoustics idea was just killed. So DCI isn't the sole people to blame. It's a great deal for them, it's a lot cheaper than them having to move around for finals, when headquarters are right in Indy, I can't blame them for making the deal, and it sounds like they were misled about a lot of things about the stadium... sounds like it wasn't just DCI who was misled.

DCI is in turn trying to do the right thing by gathering fans opinions, and then making a decision. Hey if there is away to make that echo chamber better, I'm all for giving it another try, and I'm glad that DCI is taking steps to make things better.