SCV 1989 over age members

Sorry, off topic...

I remember one late night drive when a young man sat on the step next to the drivers seat. He couldn't sleep. We talked about rings and things and bygone days and what really made a "Champion". I get the feeling it may have been you.

I don't think so, but I can’t remember enough to say it wasn’t me. I had no problem sleeping on the bus. I think I do recall you not having "rings" or to the effect that "rings" weren't part of the thing back in the day, and that you could if you wanted buy them after the fact. I think the person you are thinking of might have been a Lead Soprano who marched a rookie year in 1989. It could have been anyone really.

I recall we did have conversations though.

What's so haunting however, is I remember thinking "WOW" you're part of the history of SCV, and now in retrospect your time, and my time are really not that far apart any more.

I remember, in a board meeting back in 2007/2008 someone said to the effect that this year marks the 20th anniversary of our drum relation ship with Pearl. I remember thinking WOW, 20 years. That’s a LONG TIME. Then, thought, oh wait I was marching then. Sigh…….

Where you driving at the time we were going to a Camp in Oroville, CA, and there was a couple in front of the bus driving a pick up truck beating the heck out of each other and we could seem them hitting on another and the their truck weaving in and out of the lane?

I remember that. I remember thinking “this isn’t good”.

What's so haunting however, is I remember thinking "WOW" you're part of the history of SCV, and now in retrospect your time, and my time are really not that far apart any more.

We kinda had that in 07 after the gig at the Lesher Center the day of P-West. SCV had left the building and BD and the BD/SCV alums gathered on the stage to play the 2 tunes together. I remember one of the A corps members looking around, realizing the history that was surrounding him, and saying "This is so cool!"

• 2 weeks later...
We kinda had that in 07 after the gig at the Lesher Center the day of P-West. SCV had left the building and BD and the BD/SCV alums gathered on the stage to play the 2 tunes together. I remember one of the A corps members looking around, realizing the history that was surrounding him, and saying "This is so cool!"

I love those moments. :tongue:

• 3 years later...

I remember this very well. We had came over on a tour with one of these persons' parents to see DCI in 89 & we came back with an extra bod as they had to get their boy out of the country. Also remember having to sit in the middle of the Vanguard contingent being ashamed to be British & not daring to open our mouths. Now that hurt.

However we personally did not know the "older two" but we knew the younger one as a good lad & we were happy to see him get his ring.

Where they are today? No idea. don't look back look forward with more experience.