Cavaliers Announce 2010 Brass Team

Drew knows what's up ... and what drum corps hornlines should sound like (in his own mind .... and he has a strong melon) . This, to me, is the most exciting add to the Cavies staff in a very VERY long time.

His three years with the Bluecoats couldn't hurt him either in this regard. Doug Thrower has been one the best brass arrangers for years now and the work of Dave MacKinnon with refining a hornline is legendary. I'm sure he took some things from those guys that will compliment what he already had in his "strong melon".

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew knows what's up ... and what drum corps hornlines should sound like (in his own mind .... and he has a strong melon) . This, to me, is the most exciting add to the Cavies staff in a very VERY long time.

If you're talking about Drew, he was the arranger last year. He's not a new addition.

I hope this brass team proves me wrong! I guess I'm not excited after reading all the bios.

His three years with the Bluecoats couldn't hurt him either in this regard. Doug Thrower has been one the best brass arrangers for years now and the work of Dave MacKinnon with refining a hornline is legendary. I'm sure he took some things from those guys that will compliment what he already had in his "strong melon".

You DO realize that Bluecoats have had a brass co-caption head for the last 5 years (George Wozniak), and that George is in his 10th year with Bloo's brass program, right?

George Wozniak, Bluecoats Brass Co-Caption Head

Dave MacKinnon and Doug Thrower are both great at what they do, raising Bloo's excellence since the 90s (and Bloo HOF inductees in 2009!), but let's keep it real...George has had as much impact on Bloo's recent hornline success as anyone.

You DO realize that Bluecoats have had a brass co-caption head for the last 5 years (George Wozniak), and that George is in his 10th year with Bloo's brass program, right?

George Wozniak, Bluecoats Brass Co-Caption Head

Dave MacKinnon and Doug Thrower are both great at what they do, raising Bloo's excellence since the 90s (and Bloo HOF inductees in 2009!), but let's keep it real...George has had as much impact on Bloo's recent hornline success as anyone.

Yes, I DO realize that. Thank you for clearing that up for everybody. Maybe you could have phrased it like this:

Don't forget about George Wozniak. He has been with the Bluecoats for a while too, and has had as much impact on Bloo's recent success as anyone.

Why so angry, man?

Yes, I DO realize that. Thank you for clearing that up for everybody. Maybe you could have phrased it like this:

Don't forget about George Wozniak. He has been with the Bluecoats for a while too, and has had as much impact on Bloo's recent success as anyone.

Why so angry, man?

Please point out the anger in my phraseology so I can learn how to better manage DCP-text-emotion!

Sometimes, my colorful delivery of fact is misconstrued as anger...but I'm sure you know that already.

[sNIP...a bunch of stuff that I decided to PM instead]

Please point out the anger in my phraseology so I can learn how to better manage DCP-text-emotion!

Sometimes, my colorful delivery of fact is misconstrued as anger...but I'm sure you know that already.

[sNIP...a bunch of stuff that I decided to PM instead]

I suspect he didn't mean "angry" as much as "confrontational."

ok, i'll bite: Please point out the confrontation in my phraseology so I can learn how to better manage DCP-text-emotion!

If you can't see it, it's probably not going to do any good to point it out. Call it a colorful delivery of fact if you must.

From this end, life is too short.

Edited by Michael Boo

If you can't see it, it's probably not going to do any good to point it out. Call it a colorful delivery of fact if you must.

From this end, life is too short.

A common cop-out. Call people out on stuff, then don't back it up, and worse yet, insult the person along the way.

Keep up the good work, Mike.