Cavaliers Announce 2010 Brass Team

A common cop-out. Call people out on stuff, then don't back it up, and worse yet, insult the person along the way.

Keep up the good work, Mike.

It seemed confrontational to me as well. I'll take a stab at explaining it I guess without trying to start a fight. The CAPITALS and underlining of stuff along with the matter-of-factual tone came off as sort of confrontational. Might not have been intentional but that's just how it seemed.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed confrontational to me as well. I'll take a stab at explaining it I guess without trying to start a fight. The CAPITALS and underlining of stuff along with the matter-of-factual tone came off as sort of confrontational. Might not have been intentional but that's just how it seemed.

Exactly. Thank you for going where I wasn't ready to tread.

A common cop-out. Call people out on stuff, then don't back it up, and worse yet, insult the person along the way.

I'm kind of amazed (but shouldn't be, considering prior posts) that you see that as an insult and not your original posting about the Bluecoats staff member.

Like I said, life is too short. I hope yours is as happy as I plan mine on being.

And I do plan on keeping up the good work. Thank you.

Its cool. We are all very passionate about this activity, and that passion effects the way we communicate. That is the difficulty of this type of medium. If we were all sitting around talking about this stuff, we would never have all these altercations that happen on here, because our content would be accompanied by body language and tone of voice. I don't think there is anything to be worried about

Also for your reference, and only because you asked, as others have stated all caps in a text communication medium is universally translated as yelling. That is certainly not how you intended to use it, but that is unfortunately irrelevent, because it isn't about intent but interpretation. Every thread I've ever seen on DCP always has many posts that end up coming off as offensive, angry, or confrontational. I can't say that I am without guilt in this regard as well. But I believe that all of us could make a greater effort to be more...civil is the word I'm looking for. Oh, and Bruckner kicks ###.

Thread hijack over. Drew Shanefield is going to be great for the Cavaliers. Maybe even better than Dick Sauce.

OK, I underlined one word (the word 'DO', for emphasis, yup, as in common usage when speaking)

And DCP added the underlines...because they were links to the target staff members' bios.

Yup, guilty.

OK, so lemme get this straight: adding visual clues to text and making links to factual webpages, all in support of making a point, is considered confrontational....or uncivilized.

Got it.

get a room

lets leave this about the 2010 brass team

Agreed!

Back to the topic of this thread. I'm very excited about this change for the Cavaliers. In all honesty I can say I have not been excited about a Cavaliers performance for years now. With some new changes and different approaches I really think this will interject some new excitement and new results in terms of show design and performance.

And come on, it's the Cavaliers, one of the storied DCI organizations; are they going to just go out and hire anyone? This new staff has talent and produced good results from a Troopers hornline this last year that arguably had less talent than the Cavaliers had and probably will have. (That's by no mean a bash, it's reality).

• 1 month later...