DCE Championships this morning...live and free!

MAV

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it...no amps

Awesome to see the drum line play off the field and a review of the stands...good ol' drum corps.

It looked like Jubal had speakers set up on the front sideline. Only caught about 8-9 shows and they were the only ones I noticed this in. Are amps legal there or did they have something on the field that just looked liked amps from the webcast?

Thanks, again, Marco. It was a lot of fun. I thought the quality was quite good given the challenge of a free stream feed to the world!

It looked like Jubal had speakers set up on the front sideline. Only caught about 8-9 shows and they were the only ones I noticed this in. Are amps legal there or did they have something on the field that just looked liked amps from the webcast?

Check out page 5 here:

http://www.drumcorpseurope.org/Resources/pdf/manual.pdf

Amplification of pit instruments (trial for 2009 season)

All acoustic percussion membrane, acoustic percussion keyboards, latin percussion instruments and

other comparable acoustic equipment used for musical effects are legal and can be amplified...

Anyone know if there's a limit to how many people can be in a Corps? I looked through the rules and couldn't find one.