DCI: 2009 CDs ship "soon"...

Just got an email from DCI saying 2009 the DCI CDs will start shipping in the next week (the week beginning Oct. 5th) and that the DVDs are still scheduled to start shipping in mid-November. This is typical of when they usually ship CDs and DVDs, as I recall.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email from DCI saying 2009 the DCI CDs will start shipping in the next week (the week beginning Oct. 5th) and that the DVDs are still scheduled to start shipping in mid-November. This is typical of when they usually ship CDs and DVDs, as I recall.

What is NOT typical, is that they already ran our credit cards through. Usually that hasn't been done until the items shipped....

What is NOT typical, is that they already ran our credit cards through. Usually that hasn't been done until the items shipped....

In my experience, that probably means they're shipping your CDs Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They normally process the charge a couple of business days before shipping advance-ordered CDs or DVDs.

In my experience, that probably means they're shipping your CDs Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They normally process the charge a couple of business days before shipping advance-ordered CDs or DVDs.

That wouldn't explain why they tagged my card for the '09 finals DVD a month ago.

8-31 place the order

9-11 they acknowledge the order

9-12 they charge my card

11-15 scheduled shipping date

One each $107.19 interest free loan floated to the DCI store.

No, it wouldn't. They're not supposed to do that--I thought federal regulations say credit cards aren't supposed to be charged more than 30 days before shipment, without your consent. You can call and complain, but they might cancel your order. I wouldn't worry about the lost interest, though. Most banks are paying well under 1% annually, these days.

Forgive my ignorance but besides being a hard copy is the sound quality of the CD much better than the finals APD?

I would venture to say yeskindamaybe. Some of the preview stuff they did on Crown to promote the CD's was heavily processed to reduce reverb. I'm not going to say it's better or worse but it's definitely ............. different.

Forgive my ignorance but besides being a hard copy is the sound quality of the CD much better than the finals APD?

Last years CDs were much better that the finals (semis) ADP.

Last years CDs were much better that the finals (semis) ADP.

I agree 100%. I'm also hoping the extra month or so they've taken on the CDs mean a better product that the hit or miss CDs of the last few years (especially 2006)

Harvey