dot poster

Why would you think this has to us vs them issue? I personally find it funny.

a) the tenor of the post I replied to (and quoted) seemed to imply a "dot vs. form" type of tone

b) I've used the internet once or twice before today and know that in a forum like this conversations like these quickly degenerate into a "us vs them" issue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wee bit off topic but not really.... I had forgot to bring my dot book to a outdoor rehearsal one day before tour. i knew my drill fairly well at this point so i was doing ok. One of the visual techs came up to me and asked to see my dot book, when i told him i didnt have it he said to me how are you supposed to march your Dots without your Dot book. He was not impressed when i told him you march form not dots. some tension ensued... A very interesting argument tis is. Dot vs. Form.

Back on topic. THe shirt is awesome!

I personally like attempting to hit your dot, but dressing the form just in case.

Wait, Crown and SCV dot march? I seriously thought Cavaliers and Blue Knights were the only corps to do that.

Funny shirts btw.

ive seen a poster like tht too... learning dot drill is alot easier but when trying to clean it or if you have holes is very hard bc people wont move they'll say "Im on my dot"

I always thought MOST corps do Dot, then make adjustments to form. Dot takes priority, but if everything is a half step off, get in the shape. The only group that I thought was strictly Dot is the Cavaliers.