Madison's Entire Staff Now In Place

Don't always assume that everything happens within a strict, mandated frame work of how "we think" things should work. These are internal matters being handled by very capable individuals that wouldn't dare do anything to dangerously expose or hurt Madison financially. I realize you'd love to be a fly on the wall, but rest assured, you can sleep easy regarding your inquiry.

And now, back to regular scheduled programming.

I haven't assumed anything. To the contrary, all I did was ask for some simple insight into what's happening and/or changed. The over-sensitive response of some nothwithstanding, I don't doubt that those in charge are capable and that they believe they are acting in the best interest of the organization.

So here again is the question, restated, I hope, to remove all doubt as the objectivity of its intent:

Have the finances at Madison improved over the past couple of years? If so, would you share with the rest of us some insight into how/why?

Okay?

HH

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? A snipe? A question is more like it. That's a lot of talent; how will Madison pay for it, I'm asking. What's wrong with the question? How about an answer?

HH

PS: The "whose" was a typo, one that I fixed without any prompt upon re-reading my post. Still, I am delighted that my reputation for accuracy and insight is such that transient slips of grammar get noticed. I must be doing something right.

I already addressed your pay question......Done! Unless you have some other motivation, why continue to exercise yourself on how someone is getting paid?......Next thing you'll be asking, "how much"?.........Didn't your mom or dad ever teach you proper decorum and that some questions are off limits?

I haven't assumed anything. To the contrary, all I did was ask for some simple insight into what's happening and/or changed. The over-sensitive response of some nothwithstanding, I don't doubt that those in charge are capable and that they believe they are acting in the best interest of the organization.

So here again is the question, restated, I hope, to remove all doubt as the objectivity of its intent:

Have the finances at Madison improved over the past couple of years? If so, would you share with the rest of us some insight into how/why?

Okay?

HH

This has been addressed in many threads, but to answer without expecting you to do the research, yes. Things are much healthier than a few years ago when it was spend, spend, spend, and hope for the best later. Also, to be fair, this was after the Scott Stewart years, and prior to the Jeff Spanos, Dann Peterson, Chris Komnick years, if you get my drift :laughing:

This is not to say that the corps has a surplus of funds just sitting aroung collecting interest, but the corps is not a vote or two away from not fielding, as they were in the fall of 2006.

Hope this helps and answers your question.

I already addressed your pay question......Done! Unless you have some other motivation, why continue to exercise yourself on how someone is getting paid?......Next thing you'll be asking, "how much"?.........Didn't your mom or dad ever teach you proper decorum and that some questions are off limits?

Very defensive and entirely inaccurate.

HH

This has been addressed in many threads, but to answer without expecting you to do the research, yes. Things are much healthier than a few years ago when it was spend, spend, spend, and hope for the best later. Also, to be fair, this was after the Scott Stewart years, and prior to the Jeff Spanos, Dann Peterson, Chris Komnick years, if you get my drift :laughing:

This is not to say that the corps has a surplus of funds just sitting aroung collecting interest, but the corps is not a vote or two away from not fielding, as they were in the fall of 2006.

Hope this helps and answers your question.

Thank you for the assessment I was looking for. It's good to know the budget outlook in Madison is positive. If you or others can shed light on how the corps improved the financial picture I know I would be glad to hear it. No need to get into individual payroll issues. I never was inquiring about that.

HH

Very defensive and entirely inaccurate.

HH

[/quote

I hope you do NOT find this too defensive, however.... it's NOT YOUR BUSINESS. If you really have the best interests of the corps at heart and seriously wish to see better days ahead all you need to do is join the Scouts "invest in excellence" program. As well as supporting the corps you will become a voting member of the association and be invited to the annual meeting where you can have your questions answered strait from the Exec Director in person.

http://www.madisongear.com/Madison-Corps--...paign_p_67.html

Two birds with one stone. What a bargain.

Huh? A snipe? A question is more like it. That's a lot of talent; how will Madison pay for it, I'm asking. What's wrong with the question? How about an answer?

HH

Well, it would appear that SOMEONE hasn't been paying attention. These things have been addressed, first of all. And it wasn't the question, rather the presentation.

This exact question was addressed by the E.D. in another thread. Go fish.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Thank you for the assessment I was looking for. It's good to know the budget outlook in Madison is positive. If you or others can shed light on how the corps improved the financial picture I know I would be glad to hear it. No need to get into individual payroll issues. I never was inquiring about that.

HH

By spending within their means.

HH

Oh, that ones easy. The BOD did not renew the contracts of the individuals that went on spending spree's and alienated alumni-well, other than sending the random letter asking for money.

At any rate...those days are behind us, brighter days are ahead, so let's get back to talking about whether or not we think the staff looks good...

I think it looks great!