Thank You DCI!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Tekk, you know the old Cadet mantra: Figure it out!!!

Minus 500000 points from you for even saying that.....even in jest

Minus 500000 points from you for even saying that.....even in jest

Hey now, Nick, that's how it used to be! Things got a lot better by the time you were in the corps. But, I don't remember getting much help beyond Megh Healy in 2000 and 2001!

And Tekk, I hope you know i was only kidding :)

Hey now, Nick, that's how it used to be! Things got a lot better by the time you were in the corps. But, I don't remember getting much help beyond Megh Healy in 2000 and 2001!

yeah....we never heard the staff say 'figure it out' in 2006. I definitely am imagining it. Or was that a nightmare.....

Hahahaha, nothing's changed. Megh was our tour director this year, and "Figure it out" was practically our summer motto.

I concur. And until we see balance of the amplified pit and the electronics included on the sheets, I'm afraid this will not change any time soon. This has been a problem since the introduction of A&E. As many have observed, myself included, the lack of balance and blend coming from the (over)amplified pits does not appear to have any tangible effects on the scores.

Balance is rarely bad in person. I blame it on poor mic placement and recording issues.

Really, I've never had trouble hearing a hornline in person because of the pit.

Hahahaha, nothing's changed. Megh was our tour director this year, and "Figure it out" was practically our summer motto.

Yeah, like that time someone took my horn out of my case and left it do bounce around the equipment truck during the drive to texas. I was told to figure it out....not sure what I was supposed to be figuring though :tongue:

Yeah, like that time someone took my horn out of my case and left it do bounce around the equipment truck during the drive to texas. I was told to figure it out....not sure what I was supposed to be figuring though :tongue:

ambiguity! :tongue:

I concur. And until we see balance of the amplified pit and the electronics included on the sheets, I'm afraid this will not change any time soon. This has been a problem since the introduction of A&E. As many have observed, myself included, the lack of balance and blend coming from the (over)amplified pits does not appear to have any tangible effects on the scores.

It's already there under Music Ensemble. Bad balance is bad balance. That the judges never penailized anyone for it is another matter entirely.

Did SCV or BD have tubas?

If the answer is "I'm not sure because I can't hear any bass other than synth," then those corps should've been slammed in Ens Music.

Ain't gunna happen though.

• 2 weeks later...

just got my CD's... it sounds very manufactured, but they did a good job cleaning it up. It sounds a lot better than what I heard in person. Except for a few corps who decided they didn't want their low brass heard so they cranked up those synths on the bass part.... stupid, it makes a good hornline sounds weaker because it doesn't ring like the rest of the brass... and low stuff had enough trouble being heard in the echo dome. Okay, mini rant done.

Overall the CDs aren't bad though.