2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

It's too early for me but, I will be in Cali during Late May early June. And, no matter what I see the Blue Devils do, I will pick them to be #1. If they can win DCI with a 99.05 with a show like that! They have to be a shoe in for 2010.

LMAO! Your Alright with me. My dearest friends niece marches with BD. I hope I like them this year, I really do.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)SCV-Fight out between the top three all year and edge it out on finals night

2)Crown-Crowd favorite yet again just not enough juice again

3)BD-Solid Show that no one understands

4)Cadets-Play loud but visually dirty

5)Phantom-Try to get back to the old form

6)Boston-Boldest prediction. I sense good things from this corps

7)Cavies-Sensing a fall much like Phantom 09 but manage to scrap in to the 7th spot

8)Blucoats-No one will be around them on either side scorewise

9)Colts-Staff changes and some sour grapes from 09 will push this corps to highest finish in corps history

10)Bluestars-another BOA show yet this time not quite as accepted

11)Troopers-Prove they deserve to be in and a three way fight all year with colts and stars

12)Glassmen-another mundane show barely edge out madison for the last spot

13)Madison-staff changes are a success one more year in they'll be in the hunt for a top ten spot

14)Blue knights- Boring show again well cause this normal finalist to drop

15)Crossmen-yea i got nothing

16)Academy-Very exciting corps just cant seem to find their identity

17)Surf-Great year for the corps on more year and they'll be sitting on the brink for finals

LMAO! Your Alright with me. My dearest friends niece marches with BD. I hope I like them this year, I really do.

Boxingfred!!!! A fan of BD!!! :laugh: Holy crap...I'm feeling woozy.....I need to take a knee! :worthy:

If this is true, Welcome to the Blue World... Grasshopper! But first, before you can enter you must ###### the Pro-Mark stick from the hand of ScoJo. If you are successful you will be asked 3 questions:

1) What...is your favorite color?

2) What...is the average wind speed of a Capistrano Swallow (pregnant, of course)?

3) What...kind of car does Wayne Downey drive (or should he drive)?

If you pass these trials, you will be kept in a dojo naked for a week and bathed in insence and detoxified with recordings of Chuck Mangione, Miles Davis, Gershwin and whatever the hell John and Wayne are listening to this fall.

Finally...and most importantly you will burn a Cadets "dot book" in effigy to show that you now know the new way...the true way.....the Blue Way!

Then go and sin no more Grasshopper! :laugh:

Boxingfred!!!! A fan of BD!!! :laugh: Holy crap...I'm feeling woozy.....I need to take a knee! :worthy:

If this is true, Welcome to the Blue World... Grasshopper! But first, before you can enter you must ###### the Pro-Mark stick from the hand of ScoJo. If you are successful you will be asked 3 questions:

1) What...is your favorite color?

2) What...is the average wind speed of a Capistrano Swallow (pregnant, of course)?

3) What...kind of car does Wayne Downey drive (or should he drive)?

If you pass these trials, you will be kept in a dojo naked for a week and bathed in insence and detoxified with recordings of Chuck Mangione, Miles Davis, Gershwin and whatever the hell John and Wayne are listening to this fall.

Finally...and most importantly you will burn a Cadets "dot book" in effigy to show that you now know the new way...the true way.....the Blue Way!

Then go and sin no more Grasshopper! :laugh:

Wow...this is awesome! But, the burning of the Cadets dotbook may not be as important a ritual as you think. Our marching staff burned the bad dotbooks in front of the whole hornline a couple times when I marched. In 2003, they threw all but 2 of the hornline's dotbooks (that's 62 dotbooks) away midseason and made us start over because they didn't think the dotbooks were good enough.

Wow...this is awesome! But, the burning of the Cadets dotbook may not be as important a ritual as you think. Our marching staff burned the bad dotbooks in front of the whole hornline a couple times when I marched. In 2003, they threw all but 2 of the hornline's dotbooks (that's 62 dotbooks) away midseason and made us start over because they didn't think the dotbooks were good enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of their 2009 "CLOSER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I suspect that the Marine Corps has borrowed it as a physical training tool and it's nolonger available!

Either that, or Cruella Deville has absconded with it due to her dot fetish!! :laugh:

They didnt burn mine at least...but it was in the trash. I remember looking in there wondering if I could salvage any of it. Of course, there were those that just kept their dotbook sheets from the previous year, and may or may not have bothered to write their new dots in. Jerks.... :laugh:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - They continue on 2009's momentum and the judges reward them for it, but mostly because they bring another classic Broadway hit to the field. Welcome to the field, Shrek the Musical! It seems the last company front with the Shrek character doing the toast is an homage to VK.

2. Crown - groundbreaking show "Crowned" shows that they really are following the same path as Star. In a couple years they will be competing against Blast! for Tony awards. Just like Star, many people will think Crown was jobbed.

3. Blue Devils - although undefeated going into Allentown with a jazzy, furniture filled show, their momentum slows as contras keep tripping and they are overtaken by Shrek.

4. Cadets - frustrated with a lowly 3rd place finish, the Cadets return to their vocal ways: The Zone part III.

5. Phantom Regiment - angry and fascinated with BAC for stealing the Bacchanale, they do an entire show called Bacchanale featuring variations on Bacchanale themes (Saint Saens, Wagner and Cage). Reports are viewings top 1 million in the first couple weeks it is on the Fan Network.

6. Blue Stars - Continuing their rise, and their penchant for big prop shows, the Blue Stars unveil their most challenging show yet: The Cathedral. Not only do they play Engulfed Cathedral while attempting to assemble a full sized replica of Notre Dame, but they get the crowd on their feet when the hornline blows down the walls at the end of the show.

7. Bloooo - Straight up jazz and all the contras put down their horns and pick up a snare while playing Autumn Leaves. Haven't we seen this before?

8. BAC - Not to be outdone by last year's suggestive show, BAC's entire corps strips down in a dark, brooding show.

9. Madison Scouts - And the meteoric rise begins again. With a blaring hornline and state of the art drill, Madison is back and on the rise!

10. Glassmen - They play something that is good enough for the top 12 but completely unmemorable (just kidding!)

11. Crossmen - DCI welcomes back Crossmen to finals and everyone is excited to see them play "Twilight"

12. Cavaliers - barely hanging on due to so many things happening in the offseason, Cavaliers regale us with their version of David Bowie's "Changes"

This is the dumbest prediction I have ever read in all my years of having anything to do with drum corps.

1) Crown- Always been a fan. They performed to an insane degree last year, and it sure ain't getting worse.

2) Cavaliers- I smell comeback? New brass staff as needed, visual staff remaining the same.

3) BD- Hard to count them out of the top 3. Never really entertained, but they are clean...

4) SCV- Getting back up there. Just hurry up.

5) Cadets- You'll get to number 10 soon guys, just keep pushing.

6) Phantom Regiment- They're coming back, just not as quickly as some phans out there might like.

7) Bluecoats- Not much to say here

8) Blue Stars- Keep pushing, guys

9) Blue Knights- Getting better and better

10) BAC- Good show, but tough competition

11) Troopers

12) Madison Scouts

13) Colts

All I got.

This is the dumbest prediction I have ever read in all my years of having anything to do with drum corps.

You obviously don't know sarcasm when you see it.

However, your 28 posts obviously show that you don't know DCP too well yet.

Should I say it??.....nah.....yea...ok i cant help myself.

"This is the dumbest response to a joke prediction post I have ever read in all my years having anything to to with dcp"