"A Celebration Of Life And Times"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 19, 2009

So Cal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps

E-mail: info@socaldream.org

Fountain Valley, CA — SoCal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps proudly announces their 2010 show,

“A Celebration of Life and Times”

2010showlogo.jpg

The show is a single opus, titled "Necrology", comprised of five distinct movements. The first movement begins with a fiery fast-paced motif that is initially stated by the mellophones, and low sopranos. Movement two features that same motif but in a major mode at half the tempo. Next, the piece transports the theme into a Latin style featuring a septuplet meter. Highlighting the front ensemble, the fourth movement is moderately slow and uses a mallet percussion duet to transition into the final movement. The closing section, movement five, is a return of the opening material in a fierce and exciting conclusion.

This original composition, written by Dr. Gary Nash, was arranged in 1985. But after a read through by the Michigan State University Symphony Band, in 1986 he chose to put in on the shelf. In 2003, The University of Georgia symphonic band featured the composition. This was followed by the world premiere performance on October 29, 2006 by the Vanderbilt University Wind Ensemble. SoCal Dream's design team decided to take a bold step to present this composition to the Drum Corps World.

While this music demonstrates a change from SoCal Dream's traditional style of show, we know this will be an exciting show that will engage the emotions of drum corps fans in stadiums across the country. .

For more information about joining contact us at membership@socaldream.org or visit our website at www.socaldream.org.

SoCal Dream will be returning to the Drum Corps Association (DCA) Championships in Rochester, New York over LAbor day weekend. This will mark their sixth trip to the east coast and their fifth appearance in Championships competition.

For Information about SoCal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps

Michael Nash, Director

SoCal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps

About SoCal Dream

Dream is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to bringing together individual with diverse backgrounds and interest with a desire to developing and education the community on the art of Field Theater through discipline, teamwork, and the pursuit of competitive performance excellence. Founded in the fall of 2001 our organization provides a structured for those who want perform in a Drum Corps environment while giving back to their community. The Dream Association of California believes that as an organization we can contributions on group effort, and with dedication and hard work will relates to success.

necrology n., pl., -gies.

1. A list of people who have died, especially in the recent past or during a specific period.

2. An obituary.

necrologic nec'ro·log'ic (nĕk'rə-lŏj'ĭk) or nec'ro·log'i·cal adj.

necrologist ne·crol'o·gist n.

http://www.myspace.com/gpncomposer

Gotta love Google!

Edited by jware

1. A list of people who have died, especially in the recent past or during a specific period.

2. An obituary.

Gotta love Google!

Ah....I'd forgotten about his site...thanks (goes to listen to the clip)

2. An obituary.

Gotta love Google!

So I guess our staff will have Necrologic and the members will all be Necrologists and we will perform a Necrological show.

Thanks for reposting the the link to his myspace page.

:tongue:

Only had a chance to listen to the first minute....interestingly, I get a big Troopers vibe off the opening....

*listens to first bit again*

Yep...Troopers....maybe early 90s Cavies as well...also, some parts sound a little Holsinger-ish to me.

Definitely a change from prior Dream programs...a nice challenge for the brass line (certainly compared to the first couple of years)

You may think :blink: , but I think what I think.

It DOES sound like it'll translate well to the field.