Spirit is moving

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I've been waiting for this to come out...known for a few weeks. I know they are working with some of the local schools in the Atlanta area and may be close to nailing that down. This move may also help with members that need to travel by plane as Hartsfield-Jackson has sooo many flights from so many places. No need to make the trek from the airport all the way to JSU (only a few hours drive, but still, it helps).

Atlanta also has some decent high school bands, perhaps this will help to attract more kids.

Oh yeah.....The new unis are also snazzy! Quite a change from last season. :blink:

The corps is not changing their name to "Spirit of Atlanta". It will remain "Spirit".

Could someone please explain why they are not re-incorporating "Atlanta" in their name? The only downside I can imagine is if they don't plan on staying in Atlanta for the long term.

So what school/college will be home to the corps?? I'm guessing it will be OTP??

My guess would be Milton or Alpharetta since that's where they've hosted one of their shows the last few seasons.

The corps in my mind has always been Spirit of Atlanta. Same with Garfield Cadets.

The corps in my mind has always been Spirit of Atlanta. Same with Garfield Cadets.

The only reason I stopped thinking of Garfield as Garfield ... was because the back of my jacket didn't say Garfield. It's cool to associate past with present, but Cadets haven't been a Jersey corps from the Garfield area in a very VERY long time.

Spirit on the other hand ... is returning to it's roots. I'm not sure how far down that path they're willing to go but I say reclaim the name or let it lay. It's a hard name to live up to anyway..... and so is Garfield.