The history of the Westshoremen

i di try to wave at you...you were way off on the other side this year

• 1 month later...

Harrisburg Westshoremen Score 41.00 by Steve Moniuk

(1 DM, 4 CG, 2 R, 16 FF, 36 H, 16 P)

The corps comes OTL to "Fanfare" and into "This could be the start of Something Big".

DM Nate Ward leads the Westshoremen into a pre-concert number entitled "Blues Medley".

A swinging jazz number of "All The Things You Are" is played out of concert followed by the production

number "Watermelon Man".

The soloists do an excelent job and help the corps conclude their program with an exit of "My Way".

Harrisburg Westshoremen Score 41.00 by Steve Moniuk

(1 DM, 4 CG, 2 R, 16 FF, 36 H, 16 P)

The corps comes OTL to "Fanfare" and into "This could be the start of Something Big".

DM Nate Ward leads the Westshoremen into a pre-concert number entitled "Blues Medley".

A swinging jazz number of "All The Things You Are" is played out of concert followed by the production

number "Watermelon Man".

The soloists do an excelent job and help the corps conclude their program with an exit of "My Way".

WOW.... just WOW... someone noticed :blink:

Guessing 4 CG refers to the Honor Guard. Plus the horn and total member count (75 with DM) answers a question I've had for years. :thumbup:

Keep promising Jeff I'll do this but have a program from the 1974 home show. There are a couple of songs that are not in the above list.

And in case anyone wonders, 41.00 is the score from DCA Prelims. We only did two shows that year as the corps was inactive the year before.

And nice way to start the morning... thank you :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Just wondering, were prelims that year Rosevelt Stadium. Somehow I think I remember that, but I am not sure. I was a spectator and by the time prelims scores were announced I could have been anywhere.(Cream Ale on the way and whatever was sold at show) :blink:

???? you're thinking '72

1974 and this score were Holleder Stadium Rochester

74 finals was one of the coldest and weirdest that I remember

WOW.... just WOW... someone noticed :blink:

Guessing 4 CG refers to the Honor Guard. Plus the horn and total member count (75 with DM) answers a question I've had for years. :thumbup:

Keep promising Jeff I'll do this but have a program from the 1974 home show. There are a couple of songs that are not in the above list.

And in case anyone wonders, 41.00 is the score from DCA Prelims. We only did two shows that year as the corps was inactive the year before.

And nice way to start the morning... thank you :thumbup:

yep...the corps improved 4 points from the week before :worthy:

Reported by H. Worth Ake September 20,1972 Drum Corps News

Harrisburg Pa. Westshoremen Bonnie Scots in Blue-black_white sported 4AF, 8FF, 30H, 19P, and were the only Corps with 2 national colors. Superstar and Comin Thru the Rye were featured in music alon with a basic drill.

Reported by H. Worth Ake September 20,1972 Drum Corps News

Harrisburg Pa. Westshoremen Bonnie Scots in Blue-black_white sported 4AF, 8FF, 30H, 19P, and were the only Corps with 2 national colors. Superstar and Comin Thru the Rye were featured in music alon with a basic drill.

you may want to find the thread " a history of the Westshoremen" and post these in there as opposed to making a seperate thread for each Westshore article you find