The history of the Westshoremen

Crap, no wonder there was inbreeding and moonshine! :doh:/>

Sudden thought of Benny with one tooth..... :tongue:

And Jeff that's Barely-tones.... :devil:

Jeff, can you link the pic of Plotts et al, I've been looking for the blasted thing and cant find it on that thread.

At least it confirms Gary Ferris was the Crusaders DM in '79, IIRC some people thought I was out of my mind on some kind of exotic meds. when I claimed that some time ago.

Here ya go....

Also see if I have the Smythe story right. I'm going on Brother Daves post from a while back and not trusting my memory on that fiasco. But DO remember the buses at Corning as was near enough to Howie to hear him scream when he realized he was going the wrong way.

LOL stopped at Corning a few year back and found that intersection.... :devil:/>/>/>/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Here ya go....

Also see if I have the Smythe story right. I'm going on Brother Daves post from a while back and not trusting my memory on that fiasco. But DO remember the buses at Corning as was near enough to Howie to hear him scream when he realized he was going the wrong way.

LOL stopped at Corning a few year back and found that intersection.... :devil:/>/>/>/>/>

I remember "living in the drumline" that Plotts was really hated, and when they "installed him", a bunch of guys (older dudes) in the drumline were furious about it! I'm remembering that there was supposedly someone on staff that thought he was "the next best thing" and that's why he went in, no "audition" necessary, and was "the man" I also seem to remember that Buddy Palko showed up at Danville, and people were pizzed about that as well... (now remember, I'm a newbie of the highest order, thinking that Hershman was DM in those daze) I always thought that he was behind when he was directing....sad part was he never got any better....

(I also rememeber standing at attention in Danville prior to going on the field as Reading walked by in their new blue coats and 99% of our corps stood there with their jaws on the ground)

But anyway...

Going through the few years Mark was our DM, I DO know that he was NOT a DM that should have been on that level...and someone snowed someone in the process....that said, I got along with him rather well...

I was surprised a while back when someone (Scotty, maybe) alerted me to the fact that it wasn't Steve Hartman who was DM in 82, it was Kevin Kuzio or something?!?!?! I totally missed him! :doh:

Jeff, can you link the pic of Plotts et al, I've been looking for the blasted thing and cant find it on that thread.

At least it confirms Gary Ferris was the Crusaders DM in '79, IIRC some people thought I was out of my mind on some kind of exotic meds. when I claimed that some time ago.

we don't need that pic to claim that about you W

:tongue:/>

I'll bring some Tröegs! :tongue:/> (Now Boom Boom will show up!)

Troegs? who said Troegs? I have a back yard...bring your own chairs

but will Dad?

I will buy him some Stella

Yeah...got a lot of that flack...and a few crank phone calls, as well....

The topper for me was when I heard some of the comments from the "floating W" at finals...that was pretty much when I said...I definitely won't be back!

Bowser went back in 86, a few people tried to get me to come back...in fact I even wandered into a practice, but there were still a few people that weren't happy about me being there, so I just stayed away...not that I was planning on marching that year ANYway...

Well, I hope to God you didnt think you heard me... I for one dont remember much about it other than how alot of my friends had moved onto other corps and it my whole family wasnt there with me...so it wasnt my Westshore corps or family anymore. There were also some people that were "dug up" for bodies and were not anything like what I knew my corps family to be. These "imports" showed alot disrespect, rudeness and laziness...not all of them...but, enough to change the whole chemistry of what was Westshoremen in my eyes. Even after all this time it hurts to know that is how you were treated...and I look bad as I was part of that group.

Edited by boomboom

Kevin Kuzio was the DM in 82. aka Kevin Kazoo. Once we figgered out to follow his elbows and NOT his hands, he was readable. :)

Part of the problem...82 I was on a "higher plane of consciousness" than a lot of people...we'll just leave it at that :blink: