The history of the Westshoremen

That's exactly right! We were going fairly throughout the concert season, Unfortunately it didn't generate enough interest to get some numbers...

Anyway.... but I distinctly remember being at City Island the day of the Danville 84 show, and there was talk of being a parade corps.  That was the point that several of us (who DID do some time in parade corps) decided to bow out gracefully after we were given the blessing to go help other corps get their numbers up.  (Although, I WAS digging my new role as a baritone! hahaha!)

I always wondered what happened to the whole parade corps concept after we left, though? 

The Corp actually was existing until right before Danville in 1984 when it was decided that they were going to be just a parade corp. It was later on in the season that a decision was made to field a corp for DCA's that year.

All I can remember is Ricks brother Carig calling and melting my phone lines with how Larry sold the equipment and the corps was dead. And, oh yeah, something about burning a big "W" on Larrys front lawn with salt. :worthy:

Next time I heard anything about the corps was running into Frank Filipelli the afternoon of the Hershey show (think we were watching Sky rehearse). Frank "invited" me to join the parde corps which was going to meet at the Island the next day.

"Invite" as in - "Hey ######, we're starting a parade corps and need bodies. So get your ##### ### to the ##### Island #####". And for anyone else reading, no offense was meant or taken. It was Frank being himself (and one of my buds..)

Dave Rohrer, 1994:

" i had a cooler on that truck. so at DCI East, i told the Claifornia Dons, the new owners, that i wanted my cooler back"

I had some stuff on the truck myself...

I remember yelling when they (The Don's) played East "HEY..THOSE ARE MY TOMS!"

I forget who called me prior to the 84 season, I WASN'T marching that year, I was ready for some time off, but I wandered to the 'meeting' just to make a presense felt, and agreed to be there until A. they either had enough bodies or B. they decided to take the year off

Dave Rohrer, 1994:

" i had a cooler on that truck. so at DCI East, i told the Claifornia Dons, the new owners, that i wanted my cooler back"

Speaking of trucks, Mechanicsburg Recycling still has one of the corps trucks parked at its place near the G-Man. Made the mistake about 10 years ago of asking the guy about it and he almost ripped me a new one about what a piece of crap that truck was when he bought it.

Does it still have the logos?

Speaking of trucks, Mechanicsburg Recycling still has one of the corps trucks parked at its place near the G-Man. Made the mistake about 10 years ago of asking the guy about it and he almost ripped me a new one about what a piece of crap that truck was when he bought it.

Haven't been back there for a while but yeah it did.

To be more accurate, they just never bothered to paint over anything. I'll have to drive down that alley next time I'm in the area.

Well didn't he realize the "wars" that it was through! hahaha!!! I remember seeing the old Chocolatiers truck parked at a garage in Middletown (Ironically near a cemetary) for a few years after the officially folded. (Circa 1982) Wonder whatever happened to it (and if they ever painted over it?)

Anyway...I just got back from the quarry in Bainbridge, PA and I'm now an officially certified SCUBA Diver! (and can no longer be referenced as a "normal" since it's not normal for someone to jump into deep water with weights on them!) But I can't add any more to my sig, so, I just guess I'll be forever NORMAL! hahaha!!!

Haven't been back there for a while but yeah it did.

To be more accurate, they just never bothered to paint over anything. I'll have to drive down that alley next time I'm in the area.

OK got the scoop on the DVD problems from cutie pie Melissa at Circuit City. Least I think he name was Melissa, I wasn't exactly looking at her name tag. :P

The problem is the type of blank CD disc used for recording. Most used types are (write once) and RW (rewriteable). Then there are the funky -R, +R, -RW, +RW standards for DVD use. I have no idea what the #### the +/- mean but that's what I was shown. I showed Melissa(?) the corps DVD and she couldn't tell the format because the label (with Hoovers mug) covered the type of disc that it was.

Our old DVD player didn't say anything about + and - so it doesn't handle these types. We just bought a cheapo ($60) Zenith DVD that handles the weird ##### +/- discs and now we can see the corps DVD fine.

(turn on Jack Nicholson voice) Every freakin' time ya get near a Drum Corps it ends up costing more and more moola....

that truck in Mechanicsburg still has the logo and some spray paint added by locals :P

that truck in Mechanicsburg still has the logo and some spray paint added by locals :P

LOL where is it at now? Drove down the alley Sunday and there was a sign saying "Mechanicsburg Recycling has moved to ?????". Totally forgot about the graffiti. *sigh* need a picture of that truck beofre the logo totally fades away....