The history of the Westshoremen

Hey Jeff..10/23 is my wedding anniversary do you think my will put up with going to a band show? (no..but we ARE going to the Penn State/Iowa game)

Probably safer to go to the band show the way they're playing...

so last night, i am at Mechanicsburg HS's band show.....and it rains.

I see a puddle.

I immeadiately think of McShane.

discuss.

(hey Ben 10/23 Middletown has their home show...Mburg is there...HUGE drumline)

so last night, i am at Mechanicsburg HS's band show.....and it rains.

I see a puddle.

I immeadiately think of McShane.

discuss.

(hey Ben 10/23 Middletown has their home show...Mburg is there...HUGE drumline)

81, Friday night on city island, it rained all day and there was this huge mud puddle in the middle of the parking lot. Mcshane stripped to his underwear and proceeded to do his imitation of the olympic freestyle swimming event. He then flipped over on his back and did the back stroke. When he stood up, he had a mud streak from the front to the back. :P

1992, some school in Allentown.

a whole new generation of Shore members finally got to see McShane do a cooler dive.

McShane, um, not as small as he was during his first years in the corps, takes a cooler, fills it with 8 kinds of beer, ice and water.

he asks( i think Chris Poole) what flavor he wanted.....Poole of course said natty Bo.

McShane, with the grace of a gazelle, jumps into said cooler, wiggles around, and viola, one Natty Bo.

and one destroyed cooler

1992, some school in Allentown.

a whole new generation of Shore members finally got to see McShane do a cooler dive.

McShane, um, not as small as he was during his first years in the corps, takes a cooler, fills it with 8 kinds of beer, ice and water.

he asks( i think Chris Poole) what flavor he wanted.....Poole of course said natty Bo.

McShane, with the grace of a gazelle, jumps into said cooler, wiggles around, and viola, one Natty Bo.

and one destroyed cooler

It was great to watch him do his dive into Tree's cooler while on the bus!

Edited by buzzgok

or the time he dove into the pool in Boston, came up holding a swimsuit.

he walked up to the lifeguard, maybe 17 years old, and said "ma'am i found someone's bathing suit"

her eyes got incredibly wide....she couldn't speak.

McShane looks down and sayd "oh...oops. it's my suit. sorry"

It was great to watch him do his dive into Tree's cooler while on the bus!

Did Danny have smoke coming out of his ears AND flames out of his eyeballs?

Or just the smokin' ears :P

yeah...but the best part of that one was when he was threatening to JUMP out of his room window, while Steve (#### can't think of his last name... skinny soprano player) was doing "rocket shots" out of his! I think that was just PRIOR to us getting thrown out of the hotel (and Peabody Mass.)

That was also the day of the parade that Brother Dave Kraus marched in a guard skirt, and we carried beers and bottles in our stick bags. (and took more breaks than normal to drink them)

or the time he dove into the pool in Boston, came up holding a swimsuit.

he walked up to the lifeguard, maybe 17 years old, and said "ma'am i found someone's bathing suit"

her eyes got incredibly wide....she couldn't speak.

McShane looks down and sayd "oh...oops. it's my suit. sorry"

Talk about Brother Dave kicked off another flashback with an ex-YR in Westshore. On the way to the Reading "clap show" in '84 (it's starting to come back Jeff) both buses stop at a MickeyDs (where else). For some reason one of the sops (Ron Garris(on?) has his uni pants on. He goes to pay at the counter and realizes he can't get to his wallet which is in his shorts under the uni pants. Being a Drum Corps vet he just drops his pants where he is standing to get to his wallet.

Because Ron is right at the counter, the woman who took his order can't see his shorts and thinks Ron is in his skivies or worse. The look on her face was "What do I do first - call the cops or clean my pants". I was in the next line and had a great view of the fun. :P

Think Trees' quote was: "Yeah, Westshore's back"

Did Danny have smoke coming out of his ears AND flames out of his eyeballs?

Or just the smokin' ears  :P

actually, he was the one that told Mcshane he wanted a Gennie 12 horse ale, he got it!

Edited by buzzgok

Wally: "McShane welcome back"

McShane :" why aren't we on the Island? I miss my puddles"