The history of the Westshoremen

underwear walks died out til I got there, but rookie talent night went to whole new levels of sick

Reading basically did a "rookie talent night" kind of thing on the bus when we all joined in 84. Each of us had to sing one of our rival corps songs, then teach it to them (Bowser and I taught them the two Hurricanes songs we knew...they weren't fans of theirs either) Rosito didn't have anything "new" to offer so they made his sorry butt stand in a cooler as a penalty! :devil: The majority of them didn't really consider Bowser and me rookies since we already knew a boatload of people when we got there...Rosito, not so much.

Anyway....

We didn't do a WHOLE lot of underwear walks, but we did enough....for a while flashing the other buses was a fun sport! Some of the more daring women did boob and "kitty" shots :tongue::blink::thumbup::w00t: (moons and "rockets" for the boys) :ph34r:

I never got into the whole Brut thing...those that did it were pretty much the laughing stock of anyone that knew about it...Some said it was a "hype" a lot of other people just said it was dumb :thumbdown:

Edited by Jaminbenb

in 96 we brought back Brut a little for a hype...it was the 50th so we went for old traditions.

but rookie talent night....wow.

if 82 is ever finished i'll tell. it's not for the weak

in 96 we brought back Brut a little for a hype...it was the 50th so we went for old traditions.

but rookie talent night....wow.

if 82 is ever finished i'll tell. it's not for the weak

I'll never forget the "gong show" we had at the firehall one year (Not sure 82-83?) Frank Dorritie was one of the "celebrity" judges...Raudabaugh was crazy! I think that was also when Me, Bowser, and Karen Sibberson's little brother (Eric?) had an "air band".... "RUST!" :worthy: IT was pretty sad! :rolleyes:

I'll never forget the "gong show" we had at the firehall one year (Not sure 82-83?) Frank Dorritie was one of the "celebrity" judges...Raudabaugh was crazy! I think that was also when Me, Bowser, and Karen Sibberson's little brother (Eric?) had an "air band".... "RUST!" :worthy: IT was pretty sad! :rolleyes:

OK reread and saw "Rust".... WTH? I was there watching but thought Benny told me about the show. And if it was Benny then it was 82 or earlier.

... and if it was Benny probably the last time I talked to him... :sad:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

one of the first things Radabaugh told me when he found out his sister was marching with me was "touch her and die"

:ph34r:

and then came rookie talent night

:innocent::whistle::angel1::peek:

OK reread and saw "Rust".... WTH? I was there watching but thought Benny told me about the show. And if it was Benny then it was 82 or earlier.

... and if it was Benny probably the last time I talked to him... :sad:

Yeah RUST!!! (It was a bad version of Rush)

Hah Jeff! you saying "Raudabaugh's sister" reminded me of a picture he had in his wallet of some sort of "She-Male" or hermaphrodite type chick :blink: and he would show it to people and say "This is my sister" When I met her for the first time at his house once, I couldn't believe he REALLY DID have a sister! :tongue:

All this talk about rookie talent night has me thinking: I was never forced to do anything stupid or embarressing when I joined Steel City. (I did stupid and embarressing stuff, willingly) :blink: Westshoremen was much the same. No rookie talent night for me.

you may have been a rookie to Westshore, but you were already a growing legend in drum corps, so we couldn't justify you doing RTN. In fact, I remember someone saying "hey what about Bear?" and we all looked at them like they had 6 heads

Yeah RUST!!! (It was a bad version of Rush)

Hah Jeff! you saying "Raudabaugh's sister" reminded me of a picture he had in his wallet of some sort of "She-Male" or hermaphrodite type chick :blink: and he would show it to people and say "This is my sister" When I met her for the first time at his house once, I couldn't believe he REALLY DID have a sister! :tongue:

Suzie was a doll! So much fun...too much fun. and that's all I'll say in case she or Jeff read this

:ph34r:

you may have been a rookie to Westshore, but you were already a growing legend in drum corps, so we couldn't justify you doing RTN. In fact, I remember someone saying "hey what about Bear?" and we all looked at them like they had 6 heads

Guess I had it easy as the rookies outnumbered the vets when I joined....