The history of the Westshoremen

Yep! That's Plotts! I'm guessing 1979...only because that looks like Gary Ferris (Rochester) in between George and the Hurcs guy (is that Ray Fallon?)....AND if you notice the glove on Mark's hand, there are "snowflakes" on his gloves...IIRC, they were plastic, and sewn on by a thread...I think they broke at one point....so that might even be an EARLY season show.

And re: Thom...I'm sure there are other factors affecting his intensity, as well.... :tongue:/>

Looked at srcorps and might be Scranton show but if early might be "that" CT show that no one wanted us at. But.... can't find the freakin' scores for that show and thought it was an real early competition.

Looked at srcorps and might be Scranton show but if early might be "that" CT show that no one wanted us at. But.... can't find the freakin' scores for that show and thought it was an real early competition.

We didn't go to CT in 1979...They didn't want us there, and we didn't go. :thumbdown:

Actually, I don't think I even set foot into CT until 81-82 maybe?!?! I remember a WHOLE LOT of upstate NY shows, though...

We didn't go to CT in 1979...They didn't want us there, and we didn't go. :thumbdown:/>

Actually, I don't think I even set foot into CT until 81-82 maybe?!?! I remember a WHOLE LOT of upstate NY shows, though...

Beats me I remember a big stadium and thought it was the show we were asked to "dis-invite" ourselves. 1979 was a blur because of stress cuz I was graduating college end of December. Well... I was hoping I'd graduate and not have something screwed up. Ended up going an extra semester due to transferring from HACC and still PO'ed about that.

Hey I had the time and location for the bus and what else did I need. :devil:

Guess W will be the tie breaker...

Beats me I remember a big stadium and thought it was the show we were asked to "dis-invite" ourselves. 1979 was a blur because of stress cuz I was graduating college end of December. Well... I was hoping I'd graduate and not have something screwed up. Ended up going an extra semester due to transferring from HACC and still PO'ed about that.

Hey I had the time and location for the bus and what else did I need. :devil:/>/>

Guess W will be the tie breaker...

Looking at the 79 schedule (I still have those little cards) I'm thinking that MAYBE you're thinking about the Erie show..THAT was a BIG stadium (and where they announced us at the "Westshore-liners"!) Other than that no clue as far as stadium size. (never was a size queen :tongue:/> )

EDIT: I went back to my little box of "stuff" and see that I have the schedule cards for 78, 79, 80, 82,& 83...wonder what happened to 81??? (I was usually pretty anal about keeping stuff back then)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Looking at the 79 schedule (I still have those little cards) I'm thinking that MAYBE you're thinking about the Erie show..THAT was a BIG stadium (and where they announced us at the "Westshore-liners"!) Other than that no clue as far as stadium size. (never was a size queen :tongue:/> )

Nah... was at the Erie Prison a few times (that's what it looks like) and wasn't it. Even stopped by that beast when I visited a friend in 1981 when he was doing work study for GE.

Srcorps has:

Cavalcade of Champions

June 9, 1979

Gloversville, New York

1 Hawthorne Caballeros 71.30

2 Reading Buccaneers 69.60

3 Sunrisers 69.30

4 New York Skyliners 68.75

5 Connecticut Hurricanes 61.10

6 Westshoremen 57.85

So what does Larrys magic card have for June 2?

Nothing June 2

9 Johnstown, NY

16 Hershey

23 Rochester

24 Johnsonburg, PA

29 Carlisle

30 Syracuse

July

4 Carlisle ;-)

7 Midland

14 Canton

15 Erie

21 Carlisle

28 Scranton

August

4 Lewisburg

11 Bricktown, NJ

18 Lewistown

25 Corning

September

1 Mechanicsburg

2 Hershey (DCA)

Yeah... the DCA thing then was to "send those Westerners" to NY State shows, not NJ or CT. :tongue:

Yeah... the DCA thing then was to "send those Westerners" to NY State shows, not NJ or CT. :tongue:/>

Nah... we were "Southerners".... Hell after the Yankee Rebels broke up we were DCAs southern most corps. :blink:

Nah... we were "Southerners".... Hell after the Yankee Rebels broke up we were DCAs southern most corps. :blink:/>

Crap, no wonder there was inbreeding and moonshine! :doh:

Crap, no wonder there was inbreeding and moonshine! :doh:/>

leave the baritone section out of it

:tongue:/>