The history of the Westshoremen

Who's that, Fawber????

Finding people from my "sordid past" in here! hahaha!!!

Where's Paul G these days? I used to run into him from time to time, but haven't seen him in YEARS!!!!

Right on the first guess Ben... :P

Saw Paul at one of the Alumni rehearsals and still get Christmas cards from him, his wife and daughter. He's still down in Colonial Park area..

Think I found my box with my '76 Chocolatiers tape from their show at Hershey stadium. It's off my mono hand held tape recorder so I'll have to check if it's still good. Hope there's more on it than people around me talking as I liked Hersheys show in '76. DCW is selling a CD of 6 corps at the '76 RCA Championships. Problem is 10 corps competed and Hershey didn't make the cut. <**>

They didn't make the cut because I wasn't in them then! hahaha! (I didn't even KNOW what Drum Corps was in 76!)

I USED to see him at the Colonial Park mall all the time, but as I said, it's been YEARS!

Fawber you old dog..how the heck are ya?!?!?

Ahem..." music was my first love...and it will be my last...music OF the future, and music of the past....To live without my music...would be impossible to do..."

I'll have to go back to the tape for the rest...sorry..pre-coffee!

They did it in 87??? Missed that one!?!?! I know that Bowser marched in 86, then we did Reading again in 88 for "poopies and haha's" (DCA approved version) where was I in 87?!?!?!

when i'm full of sorrow, my music pulls me through!

87 was the year of the rain. no wonder we didnt see you

*sniff sniff*

They should have never changed the singing! We should have finished the season with it.

they kept it in 87. i sang along :P

I still think I had a member as a 2nd grade teacher.

Do you remember his name??? one of us probably marched with him! (and has sordid stories about him hahaha!)

VK huh? B) Loved the high tops!! Probably the most sensible marching shoes ever made! hahaha!!!

Sorry I have no idea who instructed the class, can't even remember if it was male or female. But I do remember those 8 count gate turns.

VK huh? B) Loved the high tops!! Probably the most sensible marching shoes ever made! hahaha!!!

I have my 1992 pair. They still have green turf fuzz on them from Camp Randall Stadium... I'll sell em to you. $1,000,000.00

^0^

I have my 1992 pair. They still have green turf fuzz on them from Camp Randall Stadium... I'll sell em to you. $1,000,000.00

If I had a Million dollars... I would buy a pair of VK approved RED Converse Chuck Taylor High tops...(with the green turf fuzz from Camp Randall stadium...)

What size? If I win the Poweball I MAY take you up on it! hahaha!!! :P

ok funny Westshore story.

in 1982, the corps had Tommy Sipe juggling rifles. like 3 of em at once. Then he'd do killer tosses, higher than Parks got the mace.

so, at Carlisle, my lil brother, then all of 6 and a huge Parks fan(much to the family's dismay) goes up to George and informs him Westshore has aguy who can throw a rifle higher than george can throw the mace.

the next week, Tommy is seen being held inside a bus by his ankles. I guess mooning bus 1 wasn't a good idea eh Tommy?

I remember that! hahaha!!!

And since George was driving...we were heading down the highway at about 85-90! hahaha!!!

After I joined the Bucs, I remember Craig was talking to George and asked if he was "stressed" when Tommy came on the scene, he said "A bit" but it kept him on top of his game!

Another funny Tommy Sipe story was at Penn National for the Governor's cup, we were performing in front of the stands, and the guard was behind us... He did his HIGH toss and mis-judged his "landing" area and got wrapped up in one of the fences! (I think he caught it too) but he was hurting!!! The more we thought it it, the more WE all felt that our lives were in danger! hahaha!!!