The history of the Westshoremen

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you two did meet it was 1979 or so.

Sad timing thou as dad passed last night. Went to dinner, got home and got something from the garage. Between the garage and house his heart went. If there is a way you want to go this is it. Only found out as I call every Thursday and he didn't answer.

So if you see my name in the Patriots Obits.... it ain't me.....

Wow....very sorry for your loss, Jim.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 11:00 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Sad timing thou as dad passed last night. Went to dinner, got home and got something from the garage. Between the garage and house his heart went. If there is a way you want to go this is it. Only found out as I call every Thursday and he didn't answer.

Sorry for your loss Jim, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• Like 1

Thanks all .... weird thing is I cannot get to the guest book to see it. Will have to ask Tuesday....

On 2/22/2017 at 7:54 AM, BigW said:

Hmm, I know if Dottie thought someone was way out of line she'd raise Cain but the jerkery had to be by our standards, really out of control spectacular. There were only a few of us who could go there. Ain't saying who, we all know.

Dottie and Ralph never had to yell at me. My guess is that with my upbringing I was taught to be very kind and very respectful to folks that could be my Parents or Grandparents and if I wasn't, A, I was flat out wrong and B, there would be serious heck to pay for it later.

I have to say I know I made them both laugh. I wasn't bad, just awkward and goofy. :laugh:

again think of the ages. you were at least late teens. I was maybe entering teens, and my little brother is 7 years younger than me. Dottie was especially protective of us...probably afraid of what we had in our DNA LOL

On 2/24/2017 at 11:00 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

so sorry Jim I missed this online. Our condolences. I'll let Horner and Brock know

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

again think of the ages. you were at least late teens. I was maybe entering teens, and my little brother is 7 years younger than me. Dottie was especially protective of us...probably afraid of what we had in our DNA LOL

A lot of it again has to do with my upbringing- I still respect your Dad and he's always been good to me- and I've never forgot that. If I  would have been a jerk around you, it would have meant being a jerk to your Dad, and that's not cool.

For the most part, stuff happened that was so out of control crazy, I never had to do anything. I could just sit back and watch the tire fire go off and be entertained with little personal risk. :laugh:

The only time anything really happened I was kind of involved with was Chumley's ginormous smoke grenade in the Burger King Parking lot near Milton off 15. I.... kind... of suggested that something should go off, and well it sounded like a great idea to Chumley.... :whistle:

Now, someone else who come on here sometimes might remember something I forgot, but I think for the most part the spectacular stuff was done by a select few- short list being the recipients of the yearly "thoroughbred posterior" awards handed out at the end of the season banquet. Which I never got one of.... THANK GOD. :innocent:

And there were people who TRIED to get them. Like, before they did stuff, a couple of them would yell, "KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR THE THOROUGHBRED POSTERIOR AWARD, LARRY!!!!" and then do something out of control insane. I personally thought that was outright pandering to the selection committee, kind of crass. McShane NEVER did that. He just did what he did.

12 hours ago, BigW said:

McShane NEVER did that. He just did what he did.

Of all the Box 5 crazies in drum corps... and we had more than our fair share where I marched... McShane is Box 6.  In a class all by himself. LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Of all the Box 5 crazies in drum corps... and we had more than our fair share where I marched... McShane is Box 6.  In a class all by himself. LOL

Not sure if Wolf's bus lines would have been able to handle another like McShane.  Gotta admit though, he was quality entertainment!

kids today hear stories of McShane and wonder how he made it to 30 LOL