The history of the Westshoremen

Yes Jeff, you are correct, The Hurricanes actually preceeded Sky onto the field that evening. Some of the birds were still around at that point though. As a corps we unfortunately dropped from 3rd in prelims to 4th that evening but, it was a special night for our percusion section finally winning the trophy.

Lee,

If you only knew, but i'm sworn to secrecy. Just say a few things, if they really happen, could finally bring this corps back from the dead.

Yes Jeff, you are correct, The Hurricanes actually preceeded Sky onto the field that evening. Some of the birds were still around at that point though. As a corps we unfortunately dropped from 3rd in prelims to 4th that evening but, it was a special night for our percusion section finally winning the trophy.

and a deserved trophy at that. I remember in 81, Coletti telling the line that in order to win it all, they had to play like Sky did that night.

ah sorry DCW said Sun. in fact Sun people still complain about it.

actually after checking corpsreps. Westshore was 6th in prelims, Sun was 5th, so Sun would have followed Westshore.

i knew that DCN headline of "sun cries foul as Westshore gives DCA the bird" was remembered so well.

It was Sun that followed Westshore. I had front row seats on the 50 backfield, and recall seeing Sun waiting for the doves to leave.

I didn't do anything, and you didn't see me do anything! B)

like being seen means anything.

note to any corps who is thinking of hokey gimmicks:

if you stick birds in a drum case and expect them to fly when you suddenly release them, forget it

like being seen means anything.

note to any corps who is thinking of hokey gimmicks:

if you stick birds in a drum case and expect them to fly when you suddenly release them, forget it

Especially when it's at night when they're under a big American Flag.

Will admit the few that flew away looked impressive. They when the flag was taken away it was "Oh ####". Hey it rated a question in the "Drum Corps Trivia Game".

God bless Walt Kelly and his starters pistol trying to chase them away. I was wondering if he would run out of amo and have to yell "Bang" by the end of Championships.

i so wish i had pictures of this to post here.