The history of the Westshoremen

Yeah...I was thinking that it might have been that one uniform that was at the display a few years back, but you're right...color WOULD be helpful! (the fact that the shields on the shako's are different is also weird...)

As for John B., to put it charitably, he's always had serious problems relating well with others. It wasn't easy dealing with him a lot as a kid and I tried to studiously avoid him as much as possible off the field. 'Nuff said on that subject.

More I can say but :whistle:

All said the guy could play and was a bright person, but just doesn't work well with others.

As for John B., to put it charitably, he's always had serious problems relating well with others. It wasn't easy dealing with him a lot as a kid and I tried to studiously avoid him as much as possible off the field. 'Nuff said on that subject.

More I can say but :whistle:

All said the guy could play and was a bright person, but just doesn't work well with others.

I honestly never had an issue with him...although I wasn't in his "section" so I didn't get to experience him as much... I always had a great time with his brothers....Sat with both Brian and Mark on the bus for a few years...

But JB's attitude and mine didn't mesh that day...no biggie...

Whoever's going to the Westshore bash tomorrow... have a great time!!!

Hair is too long, Jeff. Would never have passed WFW inspection in 1948. :satisfied:

Color would help but I'm thinking that's the Chocolatiers.

yeah thats not a Westshore uni I have ever seen, including the blue and orange Longshoremen stuff

I honestly never had an issue with him...although I wasn't in his "section" so I didn't get to experience him as much... I always had a great time with his brothers....Sat with both Brian and Mark on the bus for a few years...

But JB's attitude and mine didn't mesh that day...no biggie...

he did start great fires on CV's parking lot

Whoever's going to the Westshore bash tomorrow... have a great time!!!

me. see my facebook page or the corps page...i currently have possession of the 52, 78 and 96 trophies. Fran I promise to imitate your call at awards in 96 100 times

me. see my facebook page or the corps page...i currently have possession of the 52, 78 and 96 trophies. Fran I promise to imitate your call at awards in 96 100 times

Awesome!!!

Sorry we can't make it. Should be a fun evening!!!

That night at Finals, 1996....

I have a habit of keeping a water bottle with me during the awards ceremony each year... and usually grab a sip or two of water just before the second-place announcement.

That night in Rochester, Rod Yetter of the Chieftains was next to me at the table, helping out with the ceremony... he and I took a look at the scoresheet as soon as it came down before all the announcements, so we knew the result... and we knew the place would explode when the last two scores were read. LOL.

So.... I get through the third-place announcement (Empire Statesmen)... reach down for the bottle of water... Rod looks at me, smiles, and says....

"Better take a good, long drink!!!" :tongue:

• Like 1

Saw JB once in a while waiting for a appointment, spoke very little besides passing Hellos. Once I told him I joined Hanover and response was "You're a sick man". Never had a problem but we started together so used (or numb) to it.

And 52 trophy I saw in Bennys bedroom on the dresser when he was recovering from hernia surgery. Back in the days of hernia surgery and lots of bed rest. It was "Benny how are you feeling... what the HELL is that?"....