1990 Best colorguard award.

Ok, this has been debated before. Blue Devils won the high guard award, many thought the Cadets were a sure bet.

I recall being breathless when watching the Cadets flag line...like a mirror...full of intricate, solid work.....

Blue Devils also had some very intricate work and used a variety of different equipment.

It was Scott Chandlers first year and the guard made a radical, extreme change.

Were the Blue Devils rewarded for making such a change and using a variety of equipment so deftly ??

Did their level of difficluty and execution match or surpass that of the Cadets ???

The BD flagline in "pinball wizard" was absolutely smoking......however, so was Cadets in "Candide"

What do you think ??

~G~

I enjoyed both programs. However, I liked the Cadets just a tad more for their uniforms, execution, timing, visuals and musicality. BD was more theatrical especially with those poles with balls and ribons on them. But, they posed a lot and were limited with some of the peices of equipment. I got bored with them.

Michoel, your signature is a poem that is incrusted on the front of a scrapbook I bought from a little antique store in Santa Monica not too long ago. I am using that book as a scrapbook of my very memorable year as a member of the SCV Alumni Winterguard. (First and only year of existance)

I thought that poem was very appropriate, and I couldn't believe it's on the cover of a scrapbook. Being that scrapbooking is my second favorite hobby next to guard.

Well, I never saw the Cadets 1990 show until a few years ago, but i enjoyed it VERY much... I have also NEVER seen the Blue Devils show from that same year... but I would have to say that hands down the Cadets had the better guard, simply because the Cadets always have an awesome guard and the only other people who have deserved to beat them in the past would be either the Cavaliers or Phantom Regiment... but i'm quite partial to the Cadets...

Will Stevenson

Muhlenberg North High School Color Guard Director -present

Union County High school Color Guard Director 2001- 2002

Eklipse Winter Guard 2001

Hopkins County Central 1999, 2000