can anyone identify this stadium?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott,

At first I thought "Manning Bowl", but the front sideline seems too far from the stands. Still, the photo says "East coast" to me.

DCI Nationals were in Philadelphia that year, and it's likely the Troopers did a few shows in that part of the country. This looks like a college or municipal staduim, rather than a high school field.

I know it's a longshot, but I'd like to identify this location (city, stadium, show).

The corps is the Troopers, and the year is 1975.

troop75.jpg

Here's something that might ring a bell with someone... before the show starts, someone from the stands yells "welcome to the ???, Troopers!"....I can't quite make out the "???" part, but it sounds sorta like "eights" or "ace". Any ideas?

Here's something that might ring a bell with someone... before the show starts, someone from the stands yells "welcome to the ???, Troopers!"....I can't quite make out the "???" part, but it sounds sorta like "eights" or "ace". Any ideas?

Hmmm ... based on what Frank said, maybe they yelled "Welcome to the East, Troopers" ... just a thought ... I checked corspreps and Philly is the only East Coast score listed for them in 75 ... however, the Troopers were well know for putting on exhibitions - and there's an awful lot of people on the sideline and no judges on the field ... pretty low stands backfield ... time to get the old DCN's out!!!

:-)

Hmmm ... based on what Frank said, maybe they yelled "Welcome to the East, Troopers" ... just a thought ... I checked corspreps and Philly is the only East Coast score listed for them in 75 ... however, the Troopers were well know for putting on exhibitions - and there's an awful lot of people on the sideline and no judges on the field ... pretty low stands backfield ... time to get the old DCN's out!!!

"Exibitions":

"If" this is 1975, the Troopers did perform an exibition the day after DCI out in PA someplace. This "May" be from there. I really can't say for sure. DCW is now offering a DVD of restored Jim Jones videos, and one of them is from the "Day After 1975 DCI Exibition Show" which has (They say) the "Only Complete Field Show of the Muchachos" from 1975.

Good luck.... :whistle:

Elphaba

"Exibitions":

"If" this is 1975, the Troopers did perform an exibition the day after DCI out in PA someplace. This "May" be from there. I really can't say for sure. DCW is now offering a DVD of restored Jim Jones videos, and one of them is from the "Day After 1975 DCI Exibition Show" which has (They say) the "Only Complete Field Show of the Muchachos" from 1975.

Good luck.... :whistle:

Elphaba

So ... based on the Muchachos thread that would have been Hershey ... could this be Hershey?

So ... based on the Muchachos thread that would have been Hershey ... could this be Hershey?

The Hershey show was in the daylight if I remember correctly and this looks like its at night.

I also don't remember the stadium at Hershey being very big and this looks like a pretty big venue.

I was a tad hung over that day so the memory is a bit foggy.

The Hershey show was in the daylight if I remember correctly and this looks like its at night.

It is definitely not Hershey, because I have that one too! This is somewhere else. I was hoping someone might remember that giant section of missing grass, or the number of people seated on the field.

I think there actually are some judjes lurking out there, in white shirts and black baseball caps. There also seem to be some runners and/or guests on the sideline.

If this is the beginning of the show with the corps setting up, that would explain why the judges are at or near the sideline. The horns seem too far back to be in a "concert arc".