Randy Nelson with Colts

In before close.

Randy Nelson was completely exonerated.

Finally, I will suggest to those posters on this thread who feel compeled to spout unfounded pronouncments, there is someone else who had something to say on this subject: "Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged!"

He pleaded "no contest" which means guilty. This is not unfounded.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/nelson-14...e-exposure.html

I would not feel comfortable about this if my child was in the Colts

I will reinforce earlier comments in light of the new hire. I have always been absolutely convinced that Greg Orwoll never makes a single decision without completely considering the well-being of marching members. I trust his decision and, therefore, Mr. Nelson.

I will reinforce earlier comments in light of the new hire. I have always been absolutely convinced that Greg Orwoll never makes a single decision without completely considering the well-being of marching members. I trust his decision and, therefore, Mr. Nelson.

Maybe Mr Orwoll does not know about Mr Nelsons past?

If innocent why did he resign?

Just concerned for the kids.

While I admit that this is worry some, Greg Orwell knows every detail surrounding his corps. If any incident remotely close to this happened on tour, I guarantee that Mike Grimes would personally throw him out so fast that he wouldn't be able to lay a finger on his zipper.

"No contest" means you don't take issue with the facts (in the report), but you do take issue with the conclusion (in the report).

I've been there, I know. Mine was a simple traffic accident. At night. I was cited for the accident, because I was certainly left of center when the oncoming car hit me! Yup, failure to yield.

One problem: The oncoming car did not have its lights on! And the report actually stated such! So I went to court, plead no contest, and the judge threw it out, but I had to pay the court costs. I was determined to get "Failure to yield" off my record. (and keep the insurance companies honest!)

Now, back to Nelson: he probably admits to being unzipped, and hangin out, lol. But not to the lewd conclusion. He had his chance to tell his story (we don't know...urination? Maybe he tried, and got stage fright, lol. WE DON'T KNOW!), and, apparently, judge said "$1000 and get out of here." And that was that. Case closed. Move on. He's already paid a huge price, and he continues to pay a price through threads like this. (which is OK in a free [though not for long] country)

I trust the Colts Management. The Colts have always been a "root for the underdog," second-chance type of organization. From all accounts, Nelson is certainly qualified as a Music Educator.

PS: I don't know anyone at Colts, nor do I know Mr Nelson.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/nelson-14...e-exposure.html

I would not feel comfortable about this if my child was in the Colts

Obviously you've never been involved in the legal system. What were the steps taken before the court gets you to plea No Contest? When i went to court for a supposed traffic violation it was plea 'No Contest' and walk out with a slap on the hand and a 228 dollar ticket, or be stuck in the court system for 6 months to a year pay outstanding court fees (including the 100 dollar fee for my 'mandatory' attendance to court the first day), a lawyer would be needed, you have to sit in court and listen to everyone else's case before they even reach yours(which can take an entire day depending on where you reside), and you do this process not just once, but a number of times. You have to remember that there is always something happening behind the curtain my friend.

This is one of many groups formed after the press release. All those kids most be so traumatized that they had to start these groups huh?

http://et-ee.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90173790074

And as a former student of Randy I have to say, This guy probably has more respect and honor then most can say about themselves.

So to you Randy, Congratulations! This is going to be one heck of a season for the Colts!

PS. Putting Randy Nelson in your google search bar doesn't equal research. =]

Some of the same people who are first to point a finger at an act of this nature between two adult men (even if one of them was an undercover officer on an entrapment crusade) are the same ones you will see in New Orleans or at biker's week with the signs "show us your ####". In their minds, a woman exposing her breasts in the middle of the street when children are very likely to be nearby is all in good fun but a gay man showing his johnson in a wooded area where he intended to keep it among the adults present is punishable by being banned from ever having anything to do with kids.

Even if all of the details from the original news article are true, this was an act between two adults and while there was a chance that children might wonder by and catch a glimpse, the "act" was not performed with or to a child and the wooded location indicates an intention to be out of the casual view of children.

I see this as no more criminal an act than someone who thinks he can get away with running a red light because he thinks nobody is looking only to find a police car hiding behind the billboard. Stupid? Yes! World shattering that calls for him not being allowed near children? No!

Obviously you've never been involved in the legal system. What were the steps taken before the court gets you to plea No Contest? When i went to court for a supposed traffic violation it was plea 'No Contest' and walk out with a slap on the hand and a 228 dollar ticket, or be stuck in the court system for 6 months to a year pay outstanding court fees (including the 100 dollar fee for my 'mandatory' attendance to court the first day), a lawyer would be needed, you have to sit in court and listen to everyone else's case before they even reach yours(which can take an entire day depending on where you reside), and you do this process not just once, but a number of times. You have to remember that there is always something happening behind the curtain my friend.

This is one of many groups formed after the press release. All those kids most be so traumatized that they had to start these groups huh?

http://et-ee.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90173790074

And as a former student of Randy I have to say, This guy probably has more respect and honor then most can say about themselves.

So to you Randy, Congratulations! This is going to be one heck of a season for the Colts!

PS. Putting Randy Nelson in your google search bar doesn't equal research. =]

I think if I was an educator of young people I would have fought tooth and nail to come clean of this charge, but he didn't. Only one reason you don't when it means everything to your livlyhood.