Randy Nelson with Colts

I would say Colt's Leadership knew fully about this man before they made the decision to hire him. Additionally, I would put faith in Mike Grimes to keep everyone in line be it member or staff or anyone who would possibly negatively impact the organization. For anyone who has been around him, you know that he does not fool around and will put people in there place or get rid of them.

That's great. But it still doesn't answer the question of whta's the need of taking such an utterly unecessary risk? It's not as if there is any kind of shortage of qualified individuals available.

First of all, I said that it wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison. Secondly, the point was, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I highly doubt (given this kind of attention) that anything would happen, BUT on the off chance that something DID happen, there would be a LOT of accusations and finger-pointing...needlessly. Is that a risk worth taking? There's a reason why people react so quickly in situations like this. It's because of the stigmas attached to anything of a deviant sexual nature. No one wants to be on the receiving end of the "you shoulda known better" argument.

Surely that's not so difficult to understand. I mean, if we all wanna be completely frank and honest here.

Frankly, people around here don't read or don't read from the beginning. Those people are likely to say WTF and OMG!

I dunno. I'm trying not to opine too much on DCP these days. It seems to be the better way to live. :inlove:

That's great. But it still doesn't answer the question of whta's the need of taking such an utterly unecessary risk? It's not as if there is any kind of shortage of qualified individuals available.

There isn't a risk end of story. We know our corps. With the people who are there this isn't an issue. The Colts have more ambition than most people on this forum give them credit. If that means hiring this guy fine. The members aren't at risk. End of story. We know and trust Greg and Mike enough to know that if there was ANY risk at all they wouldn't be hired.

There isn't a risk end of story. We know our corps. With the people who are there this isn't an issue. The Colts have more ambition than most people on this forum give them credit. If that means hiring this guy fine. The members aren't at risk. End of story. We know and trust Greg and Mike enough to know that if there was ANY risk at all they wouldn't be hired.

Still didn't answer the question. So far I'm not hearing any hugely compelling reason as to why this is a necessary risk.

Still didn't answer the question. So far I'm not hearing any hugely compelling reason as to why this is a necessary risk.

Are you really expecting an answer here? I suggest you call Greg Orwoll and share your concerns with him. Maybe he can answer you.

And if your a parent that does not know Greg or Mike, but have heard of this incident what should your course of action be? I would hope that you would contact the Colts organization and ask specific questions. But unfornately there will be people that will not do this and just decide to join another corps or not march.

And if your a parent that does not know Greg or Mike, but have heard of this incident what should your course of action be? I would hope that you would contact the Colts organization and ask specific questions. But unfornately there will be people that will not do this and just decide to join another corps or not march.

Pretty much my thoughts as I read the last few posts. If it was me the course of action would be to tell my kid to keep looking. I don't know anyone in corps management or their history so I have no way to tell if I can trust what they say. More likely harm would be to Colts recruiting efforts.

Image a parent who just had a kid sign up with the Colts (with appropiate $$$ sent in) and THEN they hear about this. Unless Colts inform the potential members about this at the beginning they will be hell raised. Legal yes... but good for the corps, we'll see.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

First of all, this will have probably little to no impact whatsoever on the Colts recruiting efforts. If you asked last years rookies how many of them or their parents spent time listening to the drivel on DCP the count might very well be close to 0. Secondly, I can say that any vets who are planning on returning probably have full trust in Greg Orwoll and Mike Grimes when it comes to their safety and being taken care of. As far as I'm concerned that corps is one of the best about making sure their kids are taken care of. Lastly, I don't see them having a parents meeting about this. They wouldn't have made the hire if they felt that was necessary.

If you asked last years rookies how many of them or their parents spent time listening to the drivel on DCP the count might very well be close to 0.

Since when are police arrest reports and newspaper articles "drivel on DCP".

Downplaying how serious people might take this does not help the corps either. Especially when the parents expect the corps to take care of their kids over the summer. Personally I'd be highly PO'ed if corps was not open with this and I found out after tour started and the due were paid.

Since when are police arrest reports and newspaper articles "drivel on DCP".

Downplaying how serious people might take this does not help the corps either. Especially when the parents expect the corps to take care of their kids over the summer. Personally I'd be highly PO'ed if corps was not open with this and I found out after tour started and the due were paid.

I never said those articles or reports specifically were drivel, but discussion on here many times is trivial or drivel or whatever you want to call it. My point really is that most people pay no attention to us.

I'm 100% positive he's not the only staff member in any corps with a background some would consider questionable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his actions whatever they may or may not have been. I know he denied the allegations but pleaded "no contest". That however, is all I know. It seems Jim that you are implying that I, as a parent, should get a background check on all staff members associated with a corps. If you provide that information about him I would think you would have to provide that same information on all staff members in any corps. 1) I don't even know if that is legal and 2) I, as a parent, don't need that provided to decide if an organization is safe. Yes, If someone was a registered sex offender than of course (and they couldn't hire him anyway then) but this is not the case here. If you open it up on him then all corps better be willing to start providing background checks to prospective parents and you better make sure that is legal to do. I'm not sure that it is.

Edited by bmroth1