ANd the award for best colorguard goes to:

So....after a rebirth in 1987 with their "Songs from the winter palace" show. Phantom Regiment were once again a threat to win it all.

In 1988, they brought us "Romeo & Juliet" the show was an awesome spectacle pleasing both tot he ear and the eye.

Competition was tough and the once off-season favorite Regiment wound up in 6th....low?? perhaps, but the field was very deep with talent.

However, the guard, dressed as "juliet" received a great honor "Best colorguard" for 1988.

They were elegant, classy yet aggressive and solid.....the work was beautiful and highlighted the show perfect. They executed their show very well.

Spirit of Atlanta, after winning the guard award in 85 and 87 and placing 2nd in 86, went off on a major style change and had a totally different approach in 88,Blue Devils were elegant, Vanguard told a story, and both Cavaliers and Madison Scouts offered capable, exciting weapons programs...in the end, it was the beauty that was the Phantom Regiment that received the accolades.

~G~

That was SUCH a good show! One of my all time favorites from Regiment.. that's one I would love to see AGAIN! And I enjoyed their guard program greatly in 88!

I have WAY too many favorite shows to even begin naming and overall favorite... here are a few

Cavaliers 1991, 1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000

Cadets 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002

Phantom Regiment 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002

Carolina Crown 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001

Colts 1995, 1999 (LOVE the opener!), 2002 (I WANT TO BE IN THEIR GUARD!!)

The only blue devils guards I have really enjoyed were 1995, 1998, 1999, and their flag line in 2001

I have never really cared for the Santa Clara Vanguard color guard, although 1997, 1998 were HUGE changes for them and they did them well

The Cavaliers (any year), the Cadets in 95, 96, or 97, and Carolina Crown in 1999 hold my top 3 spots...

Will Stevenson

Muhlenberg North High School Color Guard Director

Cadets 93

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, Phantom was never in the running for HIGH GUARD, They were in 6th place in prelims, and the one judge who liked them judged Finals. From 6th to 1st in 1 show. not bad.

Edited by Cop