Bushwackers Move to Jupiter Quantum Brass

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Bushwackers Move to Jupiter Quantum Brass

Harrison, NJ - November 13, 2009. - The Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps are pleased to announce the purchase of Jupiter Quantum Brass instruments for the 2010 season. The instruments have shipped and will be unveiled at our Open House on November 29th.

Chris Kilian, Brass Caption Head for the Bushwackers said, "The time had come for the Bushwackers to upgrade our equipment. I applaud the Bushwackers administration for working so hard behind the scenes to make this a reality in 2010. While we are the first DCA horn line to go completely Jupiter, these are the same horns used in DCI by Phantom Regiment, the Academy and others, so I'm happy to be a part of the Quantum team. Jupiter has done their research and has engineered a superior line of marching brass instruments. Quantum Brass fits the 'Bushwacker Sound,' and meets our high standards of quality. This is a big day for Bush Brass and I can't wait to get to work with a great horn line on these great horns."

More important announcements from the Bushwackers will be made over the coming weeks. For the latest Bushwackers news and information, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

About the Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps

The six time DCA world champion Bushwackers are an all-age drum corps that strives to provide a world class marching arts experience to its members. The corps is currently accepting new members in all sections. For more information, visit our website and fill out our Info Form for more information, or contact the corps at membership@bushwackers.org.

Bushwackers PR

pr@bushwackers.org

www.bushwackers.org

###

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

###

Just one of many great things happening at Bushwackers!

Visit our Open House, Sunday, November 29th from 11:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. and experience first hand this exciting time on our storied history! :devil:

Let us know how you like them, I've heard mixed reviews and would be really interested in hearing it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Congrats on the new horns! :devil:

We did a significant amount of research before turning to Jupiter, and I can tell you that the horns are very good and getting better. Some minor things early on have been tweaked and we're very pleased with the quality of sound we get from the Quantum horns.

As the caption head I'm very excited to be able to put nice equipment into the hands of my members. While plenty of great horn lines have played on lesser quality horns, it certainly helps to have good horns. We're looking to field a larger horn line this year, and having this nice, matching set of instruments will help unify our sound and look out on the field.

All anyone has to do to try one of these horns out is to come out to a rehearsal! We'll have the rest of our winter schedule announced very, very soon...but in the meantime, come on out on November 29th. The Princeton Junction / West Windsor area where we're having our camp is very close to Philadelphia and the suburbs in Bucks County. It's very easy to get to from South and Central Jersey, the Shore Points, TCNJ, Rutgers, Rowan, all of the Philly area colleges, and just about anywhere else in the Eastern PA, NJ region. Even Delaware isn't too far!

Edited by DMCK

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Harrison, NJ - November 13, 2009. - The Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps are pleased to announce the purchase of Jupiter Quantum Brass instruments for the 2010 season. The instruments have shipped and will be unveiled at our Open House on November 29th.

Chris Kilian, Brass Caption Head for the Bushwackers said, "The time had come for the Bushwackers to upgrade our equipment. I applaud the Bushwackers administration for working so hard behind the scenes to make this a reality in 2010. While we are the first DCA horn line to go completely Jupiter, these are the same horns used in DCI by Phantom Regiment, the Academy and others, so I'm happy to be a part of the Quantum team. Jupiter has done their research and has engineered a superior line of marching brass instruments. Quantum Brass fits the 'Bushwacker Sound,' and meets our high standards of quality. This is a big day for Bush Brass and I can't wait to get to work with a great horn line on these great horns."

More important announcements from the Bushwackers will be made over the coming weeks. For the latest Bushwackers news and information, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

About the Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps

The six time DCA world champion Bushwackers are an all-age drum corps that strives to provide a world class marching arts experience to its members. The corps is currently accepting new members in all sections. For more information, visit our website and fill out our Info Form for more information, or contact the corps at membership@bushwackers.org.

Bushwackers PR

pr@bushwackers.org

www.bushwackers.org

###

Nice. :inlove:

This is a great move for Bush.

As a member of the brass staff at Teal Sound, I can tell you that I really like the Quantum horns, especially the low brass. The Quantum tubas are the best marching horns out there right now, and the euphoniums aren't far behind.

Does that mean we are going to see Bushwackers in Mapex percussion?

We did a significant amount of research before turning to Jupiter, and I can tell you that the horns are very good and getting better. Some minor things early on have been tweaked and we're very pleased with the quality of sound we get from the Quantum horns.

As the caption head I'm very excited to be able to put nice equipment into the hands of my members. While plenty of great horn lines have played on lesser quality horns, it certainly helps to have good horns. We're looking to field a larger horn line this year, and having this nice, matching set of instruments will help unify our sound and look out on the field.

All anyone has to do to try one of these horns out is to come out to a rehearsal! We'll have the rest of our winter schedule announced very, very soon...but in the meantime, come on out on November 29th. The Princeton Junction / West Windsor area where we're having our camp is very close to Philadelphia and the suburbs in Bucks County. It's very easy to get to from South and Central Jersey, the Shore Points, TCNJ, Rutgers, Rowan, all of the Philly area colleges, and just about anywhere else in the Eastern PA, NJ region. Even Delaware isn't too far!

Delaware is too far from any drum corps! Two hour drive to the closest one and of course I don't go there! :inlove:

I had a chance to talk to some of the Kids at Phantom this summer.

The trumpet guys told me the horn were really problematic at first but got better as the season went along. By the time I caught up with them at the Georgia dome many of the issues were still there. They said they were still working with them trying to sort out some details of why they were thin and airy. Hopefully they got the issues fixed..

The low brass side of things sounded wonderful. Tubas and Euph's were outstanding from my seat at the dome. Bari's pretty good. I have yet to hear a F mello phone that I thought was outstanding,,just fair.

Good luck this season and I hope the horns work out good for you guys.