Hi from Scotland......

Hi all.

My name is Tony and I've been a DCI fan since the early 80s. I Marched in the UK from 1981 - 1989 with the 3rd Glasgow Boys Brigade..... with varying degrees of success.

I'm a Big Phantom Regiment Phan, my corps was coached by Jim Wren & Marty Hurley back in the 80s.

I will be making a 5,000 mile pilgrimage to DCI finals in 2010.... needless to say I'm very excited about that!

Thanks.

My Grandmother was from Bathgate...live near there?

Hi all.

My name is Tony and I've been a DCI fan since the early 80s. I Marched in the UK from 1981 - 1989 with the 3rd Glasgow Boys Brigade..... with varying degrees of success.

I'm a Big Phantom Regiment Phan, my corps was coached by Jim Wren & Marty Hurley back in the 80s.

I will be making a 5,000 mile pilgrimage to DCI finals in 2010.... needless to say I'm very excited about that!

Thanks.

I live in Glasgow which is about 20 miles from Bathgate. Your grandmother must of been a tough old bird if she came from there!

She was...4 foot 11 inches and she had 3 sons over 6'2". I miss her still.

I live in Glasgow which is about 20 miles from Bathgate. Your grandmother must of been a tough old bird if she came from there!

Hi all.

Thanks.

Good to see I am no longer alone on this site from the "3rd".

I had a dear friend who was involved with the Glasgow corps - Jim Henderson ... he has passed but what a delight he was... got to take him to a number of shows in the states... what a drum corps fan he was... and SO Scottish... he loved his drum corps and he loved singing...

Hi all.

Good thing you didn't march Conquest Alliance in 86, or we'd be arguing about who tied who!

(for the record...CA tied Dagenham....not the other way around!)

I had a dear friend who was involved with the Glasgow corps - Jim Henderson ... he has passed but what a delight he was... got to take him to a number of shows in the states... what a drum corps fan he was... and SO Scottish... he loved his drum corps and he loved singing...

I remember Jim very well. In the early days he taught most of our brass how to play... he also gave me photography lessons.

We have an ex-members facebook site and there's at least one photo of Jimmy, he's far right in this one.....

Jimmy Henderson Photo

Good thing you didn't march Conquest Alliance in 86, or we'd be arguing about who tied who!

(for the record...CA tied Dagenham....not the other way around!)

My abiding memory of 86 was us winning high percussion at every show we entered inc. prelims..... but not finals!!! 1986 was our last year in DCUK. In 1987 we dropped out when the powers that be raised the marching age to 25.

You'll need to remind me, my memory of 86 and "that result" is a little hazy now but I seem to remember you guys came from nowhere to tie and the whole result was surrounded in controversy.

I hear Dagenham have got some ex members back together, good on them.