Tampa Bay Thunder 2011

Good to have another corps for DCA South.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there suppose to be another corps from Florida that was suppose to come out this past summer? Two years ago they were competing for member with Sun Devs, they had a drum line...are they still plan on coming out? Anyone know, or is this the same group. I think it's cool for the state of Florida...more members for DCASouth.

I think this is great, but PLEASE, don't be another Gasperilla! Wait...if not for them, there would be NO Sun Devils....In all seriousness though, if this is true, this is a great thing...

Bill

I'm not sure I get the Gasparilla thing but no we are the Tampa Bay Thunder All Age Drum and Bugle Corps. However the Gasparilla Festival is huge in Tampa and I'm sure down the road we would like to participtate.

Again, this is a major project that will take time to create and develope. Our goal is to come out for the 2011 season and we need every bit of that time to be prepared.

Thanks.

C. Smith

The Gasparilla comment was in reference to the attempt by someone to organize a DCA corps in Tampa area called Gasparilla in 2007. Some of us were very excited about that until it was announced that this project would be a DCI Corps and then we heard nothing. This gave us the idea to start Sun Devils - and now Sun Devils are poised to start our 3rd year.

We wish the best for Tampa Bay Thunder and hope they have much success. If we can help in anyway pleased feel free to contact us. In the mean time we would welcome any TBT alum who would like to get their chops in shape until next year.

The Gasparilla comment was in reference to the attempt by someone to organize a DCA corps in Tampa area called Gasparilla in 2007. Some of us were very excited about that until it was announced that this project would be a DCI Corps and then we heard nothing. This gave us the idea to start Sun Devils - and now Sun Devils are poised to start our 3rd year.

We wish the best for Tampa Bay Thunder and hope they have much success. If we can help in anyway pleased feel free to contact us. In the mean time we would welcome any TBT alum who would like to get their chops in shape until next year.

The best way to find out how to start a new corps and how to run it is to have hands on experience. Many of the things we do at CV sprang from our transplated MN Brass members that started the corps with us. Carolina Gold, Music City, and Alliance were all started by founders that marched CV and saw how a DCA corps was run.

Wasn't there also a corps from Lecanto trying to get started? I don't remember the name.