DCI Direct

I respect that and am all for the debate, as you well should know but somehow, this doesn’t feel like a debate

but if you don’t mind this thread getting bogged down with posters going back and forth based mostly on speculation and filled with misinformation, I’m cool with that too

maybe you could give Bob (or the DCI rep) a different font or ‘look’ in the thread, you know, make it easy to know what the official word is

First of all, love the suggestion you made at the end. Send a PM to MikeN about it, and I'll also tell him about it when I talk to him.

But, telling people who disagree with your own speculations and complaints to post once and then go away is actually they type of thing that "bogs" down any topic on any discussion forum. Your opinion is no more or less important than anybody else's.

I implore those taking part in reasonable discussion on here to avoid letting those on a rampage attempt to dictate what you can say.

I'm really curious to see if DCI shows us the results of the survey. I also agree with the people who have said that the list of names in the article doesn't reallys seem to denote experts in acoustics. Maybe by discussing those items in a reasonable manner, we'll be able to have some sort of positive impact on improvement for next year and the years beyond. I, for one, believe that's what makes this DCI Direct idea so great.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't. Not at all. I remain mystified by and disappointed in the attitude that equates an honest effort on the part of a not-for-profit organization with the sort of contempt voiced in this thread.

HH

I remain mystified that people have such a lower acceptable standard for non-for profits.

Can’t imagine the standard some must allow for a charity

I have little tolerance for a poorly run business and even a lower threshold for poor service as a paying customer

You do get we are customers?

I’m not in it for the feel good whatever it is – I’m not in it for the 'kids,' either.

I’m in it for the product

I remain mystified that people have such a lower acceptable standard for non-for profits.

Can’t imagine the standard some must allow for a charity

I have little tolerance for a poorly run business and even a lower threshold for poor service as a paying customer

You do get we are customers?

I’m not in it for the feel good whatever it is – I’m not in it for the 'kids,' either.

I’m in it for the product

Good way of putting it. I do cut them slack for being an activity that isn't rolling in dough but they know how important their fan base is (and yes this thread proves they are at least doing SOMETHING about it). If nothing else, maybe they will read some of this and see that when people take the time to very respectfully submit some issues they are unhappy with when they spend large amounts of money they deserve more than a 5 line form email in return with no further follow-up.

Now that I'm not quite so ######, that is really what I'm disappointed with and I stand by the belief that there is NO excuse for it.

Edited by Wadep66

But, telling people who disagree with your own speculations and complaints to post once and then go away is actually they type of thing that "bogs" down any topic on any discussion forum. Your opinion is no more or less important than anybody else's.

That’s not what meant, I apologize it I was not more clear

This is what you should be focusing on that I posted

“the debate between those of us that do have questions and concerns with this specific issue”

This topic is about the sound at the dome and if you don’t have a problem with it then....I'm still not really sure why you'd inject yourself in the debate and tell me I'm wrong for not liking the sound or that its bunk that I'd expect something I was told I'd recieve, as I said...that dosen't feel like debate

No it doesn't. Not at all. I remain mystified by and disappointed in the attitude that equates an honest effort on the part of a not-for-profit organization with the sort of contempt voiced in this thread.

HH

shall i spell it out for you?

he was told a survey would be coming out to fans. it didnt mention random. while an accident, it is what was said. I also remember an incident on here last summer where people got mixed messages about handicapped parking from dci and stadium folks.

bottom line...while the survey is a great idea, they didnt advertise it would be done randomly, especially in the form letter many of us got.

I have a serious question for Bob if he is lurking.

Did any of the folks mentioned attend BOA and take a look and listen to things?

face it, getting a drum corps and...well even 10k fans in there before finals isnt happening unless the schedule has a surprise coming we dont know of.

Boa or any other band show held in there would be a great way get a listen to the acoustics and make some determinations from there. if they plan on basing it off of football games or rock concerts, we're screwed.

I have a serious question for Bob if he is lurking.

Did any of the folks mentioned attend BOA and take a look and listen to things?

face it, getting a drum corps and...well even 10k fans in there before finals isnt happening unless the schedule has a surprise coming we dont know of.

Boa or any other band show held in there would be a great way get a listen to the acoustics and make some determinations from there. if they plan on basing it off of football games or rock concerts, we're screwed.

Actually I don't think getting a corps or band in to do the test is all that hard (and in fact probably not all that critical). You could get all the measurements you need by moving a frequency agile emitter around the field and a fixed and very wide array of receptors on the audience side. The biggest issue is getting butts in seats to reproduce the effect of a live audience on the acoustics. Might be hard to realistically reproduce (or calculate) that effect.

In any case all that steel up on the roof is gonna be really hard to deal with via temporary measures.

Actually I don't think getting a corps or band in to do the test is all that hard (and in fact probably not all that critical). You could get all the measurements you need by moving a frequency agile emitter around the field and a fixed and very wide array of receptors on the audience side. The biggest issue is getting butts in seats to reproduce the effect of a live audience on the acoustics. Might be hard to realistically reproduce (or calculate) that effect.

In any case all that steel up on the roof is gonna be really hard to deal with via temporary measures.

thats why i suggested BOA to get ##### in the seats