Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

I seem to remember this as being one of the first pins I can remember of the corps. It's very large and I remember when I first wore it it was huge on my very large chest. :tongue::tongue::tongue: K-I-D-D-I-N-G. I will ask a charter member or maybe Steve S's parents - there is a picture of Adelva and Slush (directors of Reveries and co-directors of North Star) with many of these pins on them and behind them.

Hi, Nancy. I'm glad to see you back here. The large 27th button was the first followed by a small oval button. Thanks to Slushy, I've been collecting buttons since the early 1960's. I've got hundreds.

I seem to remember this as being one of the first pins I can remember of the corps. It's very large and I remember when I first wore it it was huge on my very large chest. :tongue::tongue::tongue: K-I-D-D-I-N-G. I will ask a charter member or maybe Steve S's parents - there is a picture of Adelva and Slush (directors of Reveries and co-directors of North Star) with many of these pins on them and behind them.

Hi, Nancy. I'm glad to see you back here. The large 27th button was the first followed by a small oval button. Thanks to Slushy, I've been collecting buttons since the early 1960's. I've got hundreds.

Hi doll, thanks for the reply! That must be quite a collection, and they do bring back so many memories! I believe I also have the small oval button, but you'd be able to tell me for sure.

I have to say that Mr. and Mrs. Slushy looked absolutely marvelous.....I asked where you were and they said warming up.....it was wonderful....there were soooo many tears while you were playing..... :tongue:

Artwork by M. Sylvester won at silent auction for Zingali Scholarship fund. oops I botched the photoshop on this one.....

It was supposed to be finished but the artist is very busy. :tongue: I'll try to forgive. :tongue:

Anyway, it reflects some of the corps/bands Zinglai worked with.

SylvesterPainting.jpg

When I get a chance I will post some pictures of trophies, you know those gold and silver things they used to hand out at shows? Whatever happened to all of those trophies, I wonder?

One of the cool things they did when I joined VK was take you in the trophy room at the corps hall. The building had once been a church, and the trophy room was previously the chapel.There were a lot of cool trophies, but the one that caught my eye was a simple straight bugle, chrome on a wood base. I have no idea what show that was from, and probably never will, but that image is burned in my brain almost 40 years later.

Garry in Vegas

Must paste the "H" back on.....I absolutely loved, loved, loved the field this competition was held on. I remember that week before finals we performed on some very well manicured fields. No drag, no slowing down, no speeding up, just great marching fields......

I kind of think that there was a raffle for a date with our drum major at this show, however we pulled out right after the show so I don't know how, when or why this could be.....I don't believe I made the story up but maybe someone was playing with me or trying to make me jealous in some way... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

e8c52353.jpg

Nancy, do you have any recollection or clues as to where this show was held in Greenville? I've heard they used to have a regular show here, and I'm curious as to where.

furman would be my first guess.

My t-shirt with our late 70s/80s flag on it.

As an FYI, I've had a tough 2 or 3 years and believe it or not scanning and posting, etc. is therapeutic for me. Hope you understand and if you do, thanks!.... :tongue:

LancerT-shirt.jpg

LOVE this shirt...absolutely love it! :tongue:

Remember contra base covers? This is related to the artwork in my avatar.IMG_0348.jpg

For all you 27th fans, this is one of the t-shirts from the "Once More in 94" 27th Lancer Alumni Corps.P0001230.jpg

• Like 1

Here's some booster decals for windows. An original and one from 1976.

27thorigbooster.JPG

27th76booster.JPG