Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

Warriors?

Were there more than one Warriors D&B Corps? The one from Oshkosh WI folded in 1971 or 1972.

Do you have any idea when the Oshkosh Warriors became the Oshkosh Marauders??

CDCAConventionphoto2fromtheMay1965issueofDCJfromDuaneC.jpg

Cool... they brought a ventriloquist to the booth it appears here in the pic.

Do you have any idea when the Oshkosh Warriors became the Oshkosh Marauders??

I know the Warriors folded before the 1973 season. I can still remember that day at the YMCA (I would have been 12) when the Board decided to fold the Warriors and keep the Warrior Cadets going. I remember questioning the adults about why they would fold the junior corps and keep the cadets going - it didn't make sense to me - it should be the other way since the Warriors were good and had recentlyn won a national title. The Cadets s__ked. Just another episode of me thinking the adults were stupid.

For 1973 a number of Warriors went up to the Americanos. The Board of the Americanos had to take a special vote to determine if they would/could allow individuals from Oshkosh to march with them. Oshkosh is less than 20 miles away - but everything was local back then.

In 1973 I was too young to go to Americanos so I stayed with the Cadets for that year. (Man we were bad - and we had a director that was just a horrible man). HA - some of the old Warriors wanted to march with the Cadets that year - we were a Cadet corps marching overage members and still s__ked.

I then bolted for the Americanos in 1974.

I don't know if the Cadets went one or two more years before folding.

I believe the Marauders were started by a family that was big in the Warriors - I don't know if it started in 1974 or 1975 (I think there was a year gap between the ending of the Cadets and the beginning of the Marauders.) I'm pretty sure they were in existence in 1976. I don't know how long they lasted - I actually don't know if they ever took the field or were just a parade corps. I don't think the Cadets went into being the Marauders. I think the Warriors and Warrior Cadets were both folded and a few families started the Marauders.

My brother recently pulled out his Warrior uniform shirt from the late 60s - I'm going to try to get a photo of it for this thread.

I believe the Marauders were started by a family that was big in the Warriors - I don't know if it started in 1974 or 1975 (I think there was a year gap between the ending of the Cadets and the beginning of the Marauders.) I'm pretty sure they were in existence in 1976. I don't know how long they lasted - I actually don't know if they ever took the field or were just a parade corps. I don't think the Cadets went into being the Marauders. I think the Warriors and Warrior Cadets were both folded and a few families started the Marauders..

The Marauders were on the field in '74.

My brother recently pulled out his Warrior uniform shirt from the late 60s - I'm going to try to get a photo of it for this thread.

I used to work with a lady from Oshkosh whose brother still had his work shirt from the old Mars restaurant:

mars.png

At this point in my life, I almost think it would be cooler to see that Mars shirt.

'Cuz I have an Oshkosh Warrior picture somewhere in the archives....

Warriors%20Oshkosh,%20WI%20Patch.jpg

I used to work with a lady from Oshkosh whose brother still had his work shirt from the old Mars restaurant:

mars.png

At this point in my life, I almost think it would be cooler to see that Mars shirt.

'Cuz I have an Oshkosh Warrior picture somewhere in the archives....

Hmmm. I'm also from Oshkosh. And have a brother that used to work at/manage the Mars drive ins and can't seem to throw anything away. I'll have to ask if he still has his shirt.