Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

blackshieldsofspartabutton.jpg

I have a couple of these, around here...... somewhere! :) I remember the pins you could buy that were of horns and drums (plated and cast metal pins) all sorts of cool stuff.... I have one of the shako

emblems from my corps too...... an eagle on a crest.. pretty standard for the era.

not much survived from Black Shields in the way of uniforms and equipment.....

The director found some old horns in his attic, back in 1993... had them displayed at a reunion of the corps. Don't know where they went after that... (1 valve horns, V/R/, ETC....)

long story short, I live in Alberta and visit family in Ontario every other year or so...found my button collection Aug 2009...

I bought my first ever digital camera days before my visit. This photo below is number 5. Need to figure out how photograph each button

so people can pick up. Should I scan the button or do a digital photo and upload? How do I work this camera? You got newsletters too! way cool :-)

button_collection.jpg

I have a question about Drum and Bugle Corps buttons:

Who was the First Drum and Bugle Corps to start selling buttons, and what year?

I do not know the answer. I just like learning about Drum and Bugle Corps History.

Thank You

Dean

Thanks to all for posting. Drum corps buttons are cool, imo. Most, if not all, were hand drawn. I can’t remember who drew our Sparky the Fire Dog button but our drum corps newsletter was called K-9 Capers. I pretty sure I drew the Princemen logo; we played selections from Man of La Mancha and I have the original sketch. The Madison Scouts patch? Not sure but could have been from one of the guys in 75 :-)

I’ll try to scan the catalogue and photograph buttons over the next few weeks…in the meantime a 1972 poster. I remember the first time I stepped onto the turf and tripped, that turf had traction…

72-poster1-a.jpg

72-poster2-a.jpg

Thanks to all for posting. Drum corps buttons are cool, imo. Most, if not all, were hand drawn. I can’t remember who drew our Sparky the Fire Dog button but our drum corps newsletter was called K-9 Capers. I pretty sure I drew the Princemen logo; we played selections from Man of La Mancha and I have the original sketch. The Madison Scouts patch? Not sure but could have been from one of the guys in 75 :-)

I’ll try to scan the catalogue and photograph buttons over the next few weeks…in the meantime a 1972 poster. I remember the first time I stepped onto the turf and tripped, that turf had traction…

72-poster1-a.jpg

72-poster2-a.jpg

The artwork looks like Don Daber's... is it? (or is it Dauber) He did LOTS of original artwork for drumcorps programs, Hails from Canada, I believe.

Edited by hairbear

I've scanned all 16 pages of this 4/3/82 Sunrisers "16th Annual Precision in Music" program if anyone is interested in seeing the other pages I'll post them...

Here's the cover.

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusicSho.jpg

Edited by TennTux

I've scanned all 16 pages of this 4/3/82 Sunrisers "16th Annual Precision in Music" program if anyone is interested in seeing the other pages I'll post them...

Here's the cover.

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusicSho.jpg

Yes please! :thumbup: the yellow is a warm color, thanks. The local news said we were the coldest city in N.A. on Dec. 13, need time to warm up my scanner ;-)

...to Hairbear. Mr. Daber was one of many artists/photographers that contributed artwork and photos for flyers, newsletters, posters, programs for drum corps in Southern Ontario during the 60's, 70's, 80's. Thanks for asking :)

Yes please! :thumbup: the yellow is a warm color, thanks. The local news said we were the coldest city in N.A. on Dec. 13, need time to warm up my scanner ;-)

OK... here we go....

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-1.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-2.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-3.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-4.jpg

The next 4..

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-5.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-6.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-7.jpg

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-8.jpg

The next 4...

th_4-3-8216thAnnualPrecisioninMusic-9.jpg