Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

Hi Lindap and thanks for your efforts in this thread.

Is that cover picture the Anaheim Kingsmen where they're all the same height? Sure looks like them.

I believe you are correct. The program cover is entrancing. Inside it cites the entrants, Marion Cadets, Toronto Optimists, The Vanguard, Seneca Princemen, Spectacle City Mariners.

IMG_0000-b.jpg

A page from a 1973 Bowling Green Ohio contest program. What I read on this page seems like DCP today. Some things change and some things stay the same, imo ; )

IMG_0003.jpg

Cool pic! Anyone know what the person in row three is playing? It looks to be some sort of massive single tenor. Im not sure though as im using a Nook, so it's hard to tell.

you kinda nailed it,...........it is a rudimental bass drummer playing the drum flat,............Ludwig used to make a set of double basses played the same way,............our corps had a set, my brother played them, his back has never been the same,...........we actually purchased them used from the Catholic Daughters of America all girls corps from Butler, PA,............they musta had some tough ladies in that outfit,.....

we actually purchased them used from the Catholic Daughters of America all girls corps from Butler, PA,............they musta had some tough ladies in that outfit,.....

Yes, yes they did... :lookaround: