2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

I don't understand your question...but sure do like the placement.

He was saying that we're not going to move in placement much because we "have to recruit from all over the country".

I would think that recruiting from hotbeds would not only be INTELLIGENT, but it would be DUMB to NOT do. Many world class corps have camps in various locations. We were not required to hold satellite camps.

I would like to see a legit reason for someone to believe we'd end up in 11th.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11. Racine Scouts - not much competition and they work their ##### off

Much appreciated.

It's good to see others acknowledge how hard the members of Racine Scouts work to produce a pleasing production. This will be my third year as program coordinator and I make sure emphasize everyday that our intentions for the summer aren't to "win", it's to put 100% into what you do and be proud. I'm a firm believer is valuing the process and not the product. I've been very happy with the direction and approach the corps has been taking the last few years and this upcoming season we will strive to continue this progression. It make me happy to see members of Racine Scouts advance up to world class corps like SCV, Cavaliers, Crossmen and Madison. It's a very good confirmation that we're moving in the right direction from an educational standpoint. Performance wise, we're hoping to grace you all with our 75 member corps this season, but I'll keep my fingers crossed...we're so close.

Good luck to all.

Hopefully we'll have some pictures and videos up on the website soon for your entertainment.

He was saying that we're not going to move in placement much because we "have to recruit from all over the country".

I would think that recruiting from hotbeds would not only be INTELLIGENT, but it would be DUMB to NOT do. Many world class corps have camps in various locations. We were not required to hold satellite camps.

I would like to see a legit reason for someone to believe we'd end up in 11th.

The same reason any other corps would end up in 11th. Not saying you are, because I know you're playing rack for them and marimba last year and all, but...

With all the hype about Forte and everything, you guys are new...kinda. New corps aren't gonna come out winning OC. Hopefully you guys have a good enough show with all the talent you should be getting from everywhere. I just hope the corps backs up all the talk that everyone's had about you.

Can't believe my account still even works after my drum corps sabbatical.

I'm out of the open class loop, but I'm glad to see fresh faces coming to the field. My hope for the season:

I'd like to see Legends expand their membership, and continue developing. They've taken their time, and that shows great attention to the long term success of their org.

A successful (in quality, not just placement) season for Spartans. This corps means a great deal to me, and seeing them stumble was nothing short of heartbreaking. Though they are an organization with 54+ years in the activity. No reason they can't muster 50 more.

I wanna see Music City continue the good work. Again, fresh faces to replace those lost, or who moved on is ALWAYS good. I didn't see you guys, but I look forward to hearing more about you.

Another good season for Revolution. Shout out to Bill! He used to teach me at Teal, and I'm sure is a great influence on their brass program.

Another finals berth for 7th Regiment. It was excellent to hear them making finals.

The same reason any other corps would end up in 11th. Not saying you are, because I know you're playing rack for them and marimba last year and all, but...

With all the hype about Forte and everything, you guys are new...kinda. New corps aren't gonna come out winning OC. Hopefully you guys have a good enough show with all the talent you should be getting from everywhere. I just hope the corps backs up all the talk that everyone's had about you.

I know it was a different situation, but...ever hear of Academy? Or what about Star of Indiana?

Can't believe my account still even works after my drum corps sabbatical.

Another good season for Revolution. Shout out to Bill! He used to teach me at Teal, and I'm sure is a great influence on their brass program.

And a shout back at you Peter!

Y'up, I have written Revo's brass book again this year, but I am on the shortened West Coast tour with Spokane Thunder as their Brass Caption head. Lotsa fun all 'round!

I'm coming DC way next week...call me!

I know it was a different situation, but...ever hear of Academy? Or what about Star of Indiana?

Nowadays in Open Class. But when I put this, I was dead tired and forgot totally 4 out of the top 5 last year won't be there.

And yes. I have. But now though, no new corps is gonna come out winning

Nowadays in Open Class. But when I put this, I was dead tired and forgot totally 4 out of the top 5 last year won't be there.

And yes. I have. But now though, no new corps is gonna come out winning

I know it's somewhat unlikely for a new corps to grab a gold their first year out, but seriously... 11th place is basically saying we're dropping.

My goodness Open Class has changed in just a year. I guess I have some bias in making this list but...

1. BDB - I hate picking against my friends, but BDB is just so strong. I do not think they will be undefeated like last year, the top 5-6 will be in the mix honestly.

2. Spartians - If they keep going with the momentium form Citations, then they'll be strong. Hopefully there will not be too much drama

3. Forte - Yup, I'm calling it. I know the talent and staff there and it seems to add up very nicely. You get lots of talent from Memphis Sound and Cap Reg (from what I've heard that is.), and it sounds good to me.

4. Revolution - They get stronger and stronger every year. It's hard to argue with progress.

5. Oregon Crusaders - So hard to place this corps in this spot, has a real shot at top 3.

6/7. Raiders - Ride last years success to further heights. I would give them more if I knew the show and the music. I know a good corps will do well no matter what, but I think good music will help.

6/7. Spokane Thunder - If they're back, then that time with Cascades will be great for them. The whole "resurrection" theme will be a very big motivation too.

8. VK - One can only hope they climb higher and higher and begin to be more like classic VK. Magical Mystery Tour theme should bring some nostalgia and even more fan love.

9. Legends - I think they'll be in a dog fight for anything from 5 to 8. I like the direction this corps is going. I only hope they get bigger, I see greatness on the horizion.

10. 7th - See number 8.

11. Music City - will build on last year's initial success, hope to see grow in the near future.

12. Platinum - Fairly unpredicable due to being a new corps, think of music city last year, but I have heard very good things. I think the last few spot in finals will be a fight between 11-14

13. Racine Scouts - They grow every year, keep pushing!

14. Colt Cadets - Very good, young corps.

I know lots of people see a weak field of corps, but I see a lot of good corps out there who will only get better. I found it hard to place the lower corps so low, just due to all of their growth. Here's hoping it just contiunes to grow! Go open class!

Edited by SuperTrumpet64

I know it's somewhat unlikely for a new corps to grab a gold their first year out, but seriously... 11th place is basically saying we're dropping.

Technically, it IS an improvement from last year. One spot jump. But you guys won't finish 11th. Top 5 with everyone (good lord all the staff) and the talent you have.