Drumline on "The Office."

Brent

They offer gigs to members of both the winterline and marching band in order to recieve credits towards their member fees. I believe this particular gig included some from both and the company even hired some "drummers" from outside of RCC.

I didn't see the episode, but it must've been a huge line.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it RCC the WGI Line, or RCC's Marching Band's Line? Both are phenomenal, but one is a lot different than the other.

more times than not, the same people are involved in both

Yes, this was the Riverside City College Drum line. As most have seen already, you can read about it on the band's website at rccband.org.

RCC has a long resume of appearances in film and TV, which you can find on the website as well.

Many of the members do participate in a variety of both open and world class drum corps.

RCC runs an amazing program. Their winterguard is Fantasia. (Actually, I don't know if there's an official relationship any more, but Fantasia was founded at RCC and operated under their auspices for many years.)

Fantasia has been, and always will be a part of the RCC marching band program.

only 12 drummers drumming

:rolleyes:

Yes, true. The drum line was part of a Christmas gift from one office worker to another. The office workers were doing secret Santa, and one of them was giving the gifts mentioned in the song "The 12 Days of Christmas", the 12th day being 12 Drummers Drumming.

When I saw it, I too thought the drumline's sound and look was very corps-like though I realized it wasn't a DCI corps, so yeah, the RCC connection does make sense.

Besides the fact that the story line of the show called for just 12 drummers drumming, when TV or film production needs corps or marching band musicians, typically, they only hire out a small part of the group or section, because a small portion covers the visual and the sound need for TV/film purposes.

As you may know, RCC and BD are attached at the hip, including performers, designers and instructors. :rolleyes:

RCC Marching Tigers are really a great band! Awesome energy and fan friendly. :cry:

Check out some of those youtube's if you get a chance.

As you may know, RCC and BD are attached at the hip, including performers, designers and instructors. :cry:

Wonder if they'll move to Pearl drums too.....