The Kobe Challenge presented by the Tokyo Tornadoes

steak2.jpg

The CRASS organization is please to announce the KOBE CHALLENGE for season XIII. The Tokyo Tornadoes, competing in thier second season of FDCP-I wanted to mix things up and create an atmosphere of positive rivalry. After many discussions and a call to a coporate sponsor, they would like to announce the KOBE Challenge.

How does my corps win this challenge?

It's simple, beat the Tokyo Tornadoes on your scheduled night.

Each corps has been sceduled a slot depending on when you meet up with the TT along the tour. If you beat the TT, your corps will get to indulge in KOBE Steaks with all the fixings. Give your food staff the night off and have your kids eat some of the most succulent steaks on the planet prepared for you by the chefs of Benihana! The steaks will be shipped in from our supplier in Japan weekly to ensure that they will be the highest of quality. Mark your calendars and prepare for a feast of the season.... if you can beat the Tokyo Tornadoes.

The History Of Kobe Beef:

The Wagyu cattle that produce the highly prized meat were introduced into Japan in the second century as work animals, used in rice cultivation. As beef became more prominent in society, farmers began hiring geishas to massage the animal's backside. The mountainous topography of the islands of Japan resulted in small regions of isolated breeding, yielding herds that developed and maintained qualities in their meat that differ significantly from all other breeds of cattle. Resulting herd isolation and the distinctive feeding techniques put in place because of the limited land availability have led to distinguishing features that make the meat both superior in marbling and in the ratios of unsaturated versus saturated fats. Kobe beef is often considered a delicacy.

Kobe Challenge Schedule:

Standings:

Gold: 10

Silver: 5

Bronze: 5

Steak Dinners: 7

1/8 Hamilton: Firebird Cadets Good Show, No Steaks

1/9 San Juan: Chipley Vanguard Only spread tonight was a 4 point spread

1/12 Grants Pass: Star of Hawaii Fire up the Barbie, We're eatin' Steak Tonight!!!! :laughing:

1/14 Wheeling: Storm Troopers Only Storm was a Tornado

1/15 Butler: Bronze Star The Grills are getting cold

1/18 Hamilton: Hub City Crusaders Cadets on the wrong end of a 4 point spread :tongue:

1/20 Edmonton: Glory of Bellatrix Time to reorder some steaks, They must have been hungry! :rock:

1/22 Vicksburg: Falcon Regiment Some of the changes are working... Held off a tough group of corps...

1/23 Boone: Riverside Elite / Silhouette Slowly regaining our pride... the grills stay cold

1/26 Rockford: Mercury Mercury rising as well as the temp of the grills, eat up ! :rock:

1/27 La Crosse: Pikes Peak Drum Corps More cleaning took place tonight of the show, not the grills...

1/29 Minneapolis: Royal Squadron / Citrus Drum Corps 1 out of 2, The Squadron goes hungry, but Citrus eats like an Emperor! :worthy:

2/2 Aberdeen: Empire State Vanguard Tough show and a small margin kept the steaks off the grill tonight.

2/3 Leeds: Horizon / Texas Zephyrs No steaks on the Horizon, But they are Deep in the heart of the Teaxas Zephyrs :worthy:

2/5 Birmingham: Crimson Kings Held off the Kings and now they aren't eating like one !

2/8 Knoxville: Projekt Musik A Gold Medal and a no show. Looks like the Staff of all the corps will eat !

2/10 Pittsburg: The Screws The Srews were put to us so now we present .... Steak ! :worthy:

2/11 Baltimore: VK TOO A spread of .035 means no spread for the VK Too

2/12 Trois Riveries: Dude Where's My Corps? Dude, no steaks tonight!

2/13 Philadelphia: Bourbon Street Experience / Black Diamond Another Gold for the TT, no steaks!

2/17 Fullerton: Emerald Star Academy The Academy just got schooled by the TT!

2/18 Vista: Providence 4 Golds in a row, the grill are getting very cold!

2/19 Costa Mesa: Stardom A Silver to the collection.... but no steaks for Stardom!

2/22 Tuscon: Starfire The TT is on a roll... Starfire was not on tonight, and the steaks aren't on the grill either.

2/25 Wichita Falls: St. Charles Spectrum The steaks are aging, but the Spectrum isn't eating them tonight!

2/26 Tulsa: Commanders TT took the Commanders by 4. the grills get the night off again.

2/28 Orlando: Les Blanc Chevaliers

3/1 Chattanooga: Nastalgia / St. Charles Storm

Edited by Jehensley

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to us!!! See you in Philly!

P.S. Can we put cheese on our steaks if we win in Philly? :laughing:

As long as it's not swiss cheese. :laughing:

2/28 Orlando: Les Blanc Chevaliers

MMMMM we have to wait so long--by then we will be drooling and starved!!!

Can we get rollover steaks? What happens to the steaks if TT wins? The way I see it, by the time we get our chance to get a nice meal (not that the VK Org. doesn't feed its' corps well) there could be a whole food truck full of steaks to be had. My whole org. could have some, although you would have to cut the memebers of VK³ meat for them. :laughing:

Can we get rollover steaks? What happens to the steaks if TT wins? The way I see it, by the time we get our chance to get a nice meal (not that the VK Org. doesn't feed its' corps well) there could be a whole food truck full of steaks to be had. My whole org. could have some, although you would have to cut the memebers of VK³ meat for them. :laughing:

I honestly thought about that.... here were a few ideas the organization kicked around:

- feed it to our own kids...

- invite the other corps staffs over for steak...

- feed the food truck volunteers from other corps...

- only keep on hand two meals worth because how often would the TT be beaten?...

See you in Minnesota!

P.S.- I like my steaks medium rare :P

Les Blanc Chevalier can bring Shepard's Pie and maple syrup! LOL Too bad its not The KNights who often serve Maine Lobster to the victors!