DCPI-13 Here We Go!

Good Luck all!

Here's to a fun filled season of hard work, long practices, long bus rides, cold showers, gym floors and life long memorires.

:laughing:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may the best corps win---AGAIN!

may the best corps win---AGAIN!

I agree seeing as the best corps came in 2nd last season. :laughing:

Good Luck all!

Here's to a fun filled season of hard work, long practices, long bus rides, cold showers, gym floors and life long memorires.

:rock:

Don't forget long plane rides, too!

:wall:

Good luck to you, too!

:rock:

And let there be no fighting, too!

:tongue:

And let all performing members rock the house, too!

:worthy:

And let there be no surpirsed audience members by a corps' performance, too!

:laughing:

And let there not be staff members working the marchers too hard, too!

:whip:

Did I mention no fighting, too?!

And let there be many fan favorites, too!

Ok, I'm done.

All the Star Organization corps will be kicking it off on Saturday the 9th. We will be a tad late this season on announcing shows. It was a crazy past few months in the Star camp with a number of staff changes and locking in all the travel plans with the 3 tours crossing both Atlantic and Pacific.

Star of Jupiter is San Juan, PR now, arrived late last night on shuttles from Jupiter, FL. They will be joined by Cross which left this morning from Abderdeen, Scotland, flew to NYC, and then onto Puerto Rico arriving in next few hours. Both competed tomorrow there.

Star of Hawaii is taking special charters from Honolulu in for the Stanford show tomorrow afternoon.

Best of luck to all the corps competing in season XIII!

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends!

We've got a fantastic slate of opening events scheduled for this weekend. Out west, a large contingent of corps will begin the season at Dublin HS near Fremont CA before traveling to Stanford University for one of the largest west coast events on the season calendar.

DublinCADublinHS5000.jpg

StanfordCAStanfordStadium50000.jpg

In the east region, more than 2 dozen corps will step off in the stronghold state of Ohio, with events in Massillon's venerable Paul Brown Tiger Stadium and Crew Stadium in Columbus.

MassillonOHPaulBrownTigerStadium165.jpg

ColumbusOHCrewStadium22000.jpg

In the midwest, a small number of corps will brave the cold and snow at Wilmot HS's Frank Bucci Field before traveling north to the University of Oshkosh.

WilmotWIWilmotHS2500.jpg

OshkoshWITitanStadium10000.jpg

And in the south, DCPI embarks into the Caribbean for the first time with events in Puerto Rico and Bermuda.

HamiltonBERNationalStadium10000.jpg

SanJuanPuertoRicoLobrielStadium1500.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates on this season's events as we progress.

The FC United corps had a very successful debut weekend. Kadence notched a pair of close 3rd place finishes in their two Ohio shows while Providence placed third in their division in Stanford. Meanwhile, LWC won their division in both Wisconsin shows but will face their first real competition in Michigan early next week.

Both Kadence and LWC will next appear at the South Lyon show while Providence's next stop is in Redding CA.

I'm also hearing reports that both of the Caribbean shows, particularly the Puerto Rico event, were nothing short of an unqualified success. I'm looking forward to hearing reports of the corps that participated in these events.

An interesting experience to say the least. Members and staff flew into Bermuda over the New Year holiday weekend and camped out at The Berkeley Institute in Hamilton. Our trailer was freighted over to Florida by train before being shipped over by ferry to Bermuda. For the camp week, members were using the Institute's instruments (which were not in the best of condition) with our equipment arriving late Wednesday night.

We then took an overnight charter ferry into Puerto Rico. We lost two staff members on the way over, but were fortunate enough to get two replacements flown in :tongue:

We arrived early Saturday morning and was hosted by the Commonwealth–Parkville School in San Juan. We were able to get in a morning rehearsal prior to treating students to a concert and exhibition performance (with the school music club joining us in Land of Make Believe) in exchange for breakfast and lunch, provided by the school's music club.

We'll be taking a charter ferry back into Florida on Sunday and will be housed at Winter Park High School along with another corps I think.