Did Neil Peart ever march

Donny is correct! It wasn't until Neal marched Blouseman, that he was able to carry his entire assembled drum kit....BY HIMSELF!!!

You should see the harness system he came up with! :rock:

I'm gonna see Neal and the boys at the great NY State Fair in early Sept. (Only a mile and a half from my house :tongue:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for sure he didn't march in Seneca and doubt he marched at all. Bruce is right, I myself, have never heard of a school in Canada

with a marching band... We were all about drum corps...

North Toronto Collegiate had one. They weren't very good, but they were a marching band.

I heard a nice long interview with Neil on Westwood One radio several years ago. A caller asked him if he ever marched drum corps and he said "no" but that he knew what it was and appriciated the drumming that corps did. If memory serves, he also said that question comes up often....ha.

As a side note, the interveiwer asked why he doesn't correct people when they pronouce his name wrong, he said it is too late now and it doesn't really matter. Peart is not pronounced "Pert" like the shampoo, but "Piert"....like pier with a t on the end.

In 1985, the Blue Knights put black tape across the top of the "L" on their Pearl bass drums. They played ELP that year, so I'm not sure why, except to be funny.

I thought so! I also believe that Geddy Lee was in the pan flute section too. If I am not mistaken, didn't Alex Lefeson march with Phantom Vanguard?

The corps that would have been possible were...

Chessmen from St Catherines, Conqueror from Hamilton, Grantham Police Boys, or TORONTO Optimists, Guelph Opti-Knights, York Lions, Flying Dutchmen, Cardinals and of course....THE BLOUSEMEN.

Neil Peart marched Blousemen, thats it!

• 2 weeks later...
I thought so! I also believe that Geddy Lee was in the pan flute section too. If I am not mistaken, didn't Alex Lefeson march with Phantom Vanguard?

Actually Alex Marched with INT up until 03 I believe. Can anyone confirm ?

St. Catherine's Queensmen.

Cobham also marched with the Sunrisers.

• 10 years later...
On 1/13/2010 at 11:16 AM, Paq said:

I know for sure he didn't march in Seneca and doubt he marched at all. Bruce is right, I myself, have never heard of a school in Canada

with a marching band... We were all about drum corps...

I live in St. Catharines, ON (Niagara Area) and E.L. Crosley Hgh School in nearby Fonthill has had a marching band ever since I can remember and still does. I'm sure the Niagara Area can't be the only place in Canada with a high School marching band.