Crusaders will not field a competition corps for 2010

As I recall, the corps went inactive a few years ago and came out the following year with a really outstanding program. Here is to a repeat of that happening!! I'm sorry to see Cru go inactive, but I truly hope it all works out for the best!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkey in the straw.....yea they were something. We were at a show in Rochester and the Alpine Girls come out. Our Contra player who was older than me says. "that horn line has no balls!" I laughed so hard!

Lmao! Your killin' me, Keith! All I remember is watching the tri-town cadets come out in their farmers jeans and straw hats and rolling on the ground laughing until they beat us all! :inlove:

Wow, I take a couple days off from DCP and look what I missed. I'm not sure who any of you "think" I may be, to the best of my knowledge I don't actually know any of you personally and I was not trying to trash talk about the corps. The thread seemed to drifting away from the reasons that the OP mentioned as to why the corps was not marching this year, and postings starting mentioning "lack of numbers"-which was never talked about by the OP. I am not making fun or insulting the corps for whatever happened that led to this, I don't know nor do I really want to-that's the corps' business and none of mine. There should be no shame in it, there have been a lot of great drum corps over the years that should have and would have done things differently if possible; hindsight is 20-20. The truly great ones are the ones that can overcome their setbacks and come back. I would love to see the corps come back strong as ever and I wish them nothing but the best.

Turkey in the straw.....yea they were something. We were at a show in Rochester and the Alpine Girls come out. Our Contra player who was older than me says. "that horn line has no balls!" I laughed so hard!

I thought I was the early riser today at 6 am but u got me beat I see! :wall:

The Alpine Girls was Vince Bruni's project for an all girl corps and when they folded and came over to Greece in the 1977 season they were far from having no Balls!!LOL! Actually had some fantastic mello players and good bari and sops! Brought the corps from the ashes so to speak to its prominence in 1978 as further talked about in the other forum post you started elsewhere.

To all who have posted, I as a true alumni and person of dedication to a fine 63 year old organization, I believe Crusaders will be back and stronger than ever after the dust settles! A Big THANK YOU :wall: to you all for your support and look forward to seeing you all as a fan this summer!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Up early daily and at work by 6:15 am.

I thought I was the early riser today at 6 am but u got me beat I see! :wall:

The Alpine Girls was Vince Bruni's project for an all girl corps and when they folded and came over to Greece in the 1977 season they were far from having no Balls!!LOL! Actually had some fantastic mello players and good bari and sops! Brought the corps from the ashes so to speak to its prominence in 1978 as further talked about in the other forum post you started elsewhere.

To all who have posted, I as a true alumni and person of dedication to a fine 63 year old organization, I believe Crusaders will be back and stronger than ever after the dust settles! A Big THANK YOU :wall: to you all for your support and look forward to seeing you all as a fan this summer!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

I know I am late to the party, but I just got a phone call about this.

I count my years with Rochester as some of the best of my life. I still "bleed green" and now, unfortunately, I cry green, too.

I call on all Cru Alumni to do what I will: Make some phone calls and see what you can do to get the ship righted and sailing again.

I agree Bill...where are the alumni? And why arent they getting involved?

I agree Bill...where are the alumni? And why arent they getting involved?

Contact Dave Hillistead is what I am told.

Why not set up an alumni page on Facebook so we can discuss this within our own "house."