Chase results are in

:laughing:

Pat Seidling, former Phantom Regiment director, had a good approach when this came up in "charity" discussions.

He would say -- and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if you have $5 to give and it's going to either a charity to help the ill or to Phantom Regiment, by all means give it to the charity helping the ill. If you can make multiple donations, please consider Phantom Regiment. He liked to say that drum corps are nonprofits, not charities.

He was right.

Thousands of organizations need financial support, and there needs to be balance in our world.

G

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that way of thinking, all charitable giving should be done with a punchlist of severity. So which is really important - cancer research or heart research? AIDS research or stopping the killing in Africa? Service orgs for the disabled or school lunches for kids from poor homes?

Any of these or drum corps? :laughing:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...5127&ref=nf

Crown just posted a "thank you" video on the Chase page thanking everyone for voting so far. Its a preview of their 2010 encore version of the end of the 2007 show "Triple Crown" which they WILL be playing this summer.

I think it sounds really great. Although I REALLY wish they'd post some of the show stuff. Hopefully that will come soon.

And is that a BATON I see Crown's DM using? Awesome!

*Edited because the link was wrong.

Edited by jamesjones0611

Merging with the Chase thread.

Crown just posted a "thank you" video on the Chase page thanking everyone for voting so far. Its a preview of their 2010 encore version of the end of the 2007 show "Triple Crown" which they WILL be playing this summer.

I think it sounds really great. Although I REALLY wish they'd post some of the show stuff. Hopefully that will come soon.

AWESOME, thanks for sharing!!!

D'oh, you scooped me! Now there's a nice one-post closed topic on the front page :inlove:

For those of us without Facebook at work (boooo), what do the standings look like?

Mike

Phantom is 24th with 8057 votes, Crown in 25th with 7558, Cavies in 30th with 6721, and Colts in 37th with 5754.

EDIT: For reference, 20th place has 9340 votes, 10th has 16814, and 1st has 55633 :inlove:

Edited by CrownStarr

For those of us without Facebook at work (boooo), what do the standings look like?

Mike

Of all the BOOpeeps in the world . . .

YOU should have a Facebook page . . .